Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » Excitement and Joy!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Excitement and Joy!
LHin
Member # 39986

Icon 6 posted      Profile for LHin   Email LHin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everyone!

I just found this website and I couldn't be more satisfied. In my research for finding out how to hunt around Hawaii I came across this. I must say that I am extremely excited to see an entire section dedicated to Hawaii.

I've been stationed in Oahu for over 2 years but never got the chance to hunt between training and deployments. Just finding some time to surf and spearfish was difficult enough. I will be coming home to Hawaii in December and wrapping up my tour in March or April. This gives me a few months to get out and hunt with some true dedication!

My goal is to do a DIY hunt for Goats. As a traditional archer I would prefer to do things the cheap and difficult way. In that I find you make more of an experience. Plus, the guided hunts are very very expensive!

I just want to thank Trad Gang and all its members for coming up with such an awesome website to promote this amazing sport!

Also, If anyone has any advice for DIY hunts in Oahu or any of the other islands I would love to hear it. Thank you.

Luke H

Posts: 6 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luke,
From what you're describing, this hunt is for you! This is on Oahu and it's open for bowhunting Feb-July.

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=198;t=000016

Aloha!
Ryan

Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LHin
Member # 39986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LHin   Email LHin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Ryan. I really enjoyed the hunt you described. It sounds like Makua is a difficult spot to hunt. I can not believe you and the wife got a double! Incredible! Hunting with trad gear is too cool. Having to get the animal in close. Very respectable. I know a few guys who have hunted Makua and they were shooting goats at 50-60 yards. I really don't see the challenge in that. More chance of wounding an animal. Not cool.
I look forward to planning out an adventure there and I thank you for making such a cool post.

Luke

Posts: 6 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luke,
Makua can be a challenging hunt, but it's a great place to chase goats.

Let me know if you have any questions about the area...

Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LHin
Member # 39986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LHin   Email LHin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I will. Thank you.

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©