Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » Son stationed in Hawaii in December ??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Son stationed in Hawaii in December ??
T Folts
Contributor 2017
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T Folts   Email T Folts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son is in the Army and his first duty station is Hawaii, maybe I'll get a chance to visit and hunt, lord willing. I can always dream can't I.

--------------------
US ARMY 1984-1988

Posts: 2311 | From: Fowlerville,MI | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep us posted!!!
Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy   Email Billy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do what ya gotta do but ...GO !!

I lived on Oahu for almost eight years! First as a Marine, at Kaneohe (K- Bay) then Waimanalo as a construction worker and Ranch Hand.

Fished (spear, net, and rod/reel)the waters of three Islands. Surfed with the sharks (good local guidance!) Gun hunted up behind Waimanalo and it was absolutely a different world. Swore I'd not tell about doing the "tourist stuff".....

The things you will experience are second to none and the memories are FOREVER !! Hunt or not.

From a guy that wishes his family had tried harder
to share some of paradise; and still misses it 20 years later....Set a date and time; then GO!!

If you squeeze in a hunt don't forget to share...
Aloha!!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Posts: 1297 | From: Kokomo,IN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T Folts
Contributor 2017
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T Folts   Email T Folts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have started a envolpoe to save for the trip so it will happen. We will be on Oahu, going to try and make it a two week trip. I've looked up flights and what I've found so far are April and the end of November are cheaper. What would be the best time to go based on tourist visit and hunting.

--------------------
US ARMY 1984-1988

Posts: 2311 | From: Fowlerville,MI | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're interested in chasing goats and maybe a chance at a hog, Feb-July would be the season. It's a good hike on hot temps though. The weather is usually nice during those times too...
Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T Folts
Contributor 2017
Member # 5126

Ryan, do you hunt Oahu only (mainly) or other Islands. When I come should I plan on other Islands for hunting or is oahu enough.

--------------------
US ARMY 1984-1988

Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

I primarily hunt Oahu these days… The outer islands are way better in terms of hunting and vacationing.
brut
Member # 29696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brut   Email brut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone thanks for all the usefull info. The wife and I are planning a trip to hawaii next year. She is looking to relaxing on the beach and I would like to hunt some pigs and goats. what island would you all suggest? Also looking for public land as I dont think I can afford the guided stuff. Thank you
Posts: 12 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

brut,
"good" goat and pig public hunting is hard to find these days.

Your best bet would be Kauai or Big Island, if for some reason you end up on Oahu during feb-july, I'll gladly point you in the right direction if I'm around...

Aloha!
Ryan

brut
Member # 29696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brut   Email brut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan thanks for the offer. Pretty excited that the wife said I could hunt a few days if we made the trip. Thanks again
Posts: 12 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RonD
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RonD   Email RonD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
T Folts, is your son stationed at Fort Schafter or Schofield. I believe they allow hunting at Schofield, but you will need to check. I was stationed at Camp H.M. Smith for about two years in 1967 to August 1969. Vietnam kept me busy with little or no time to hunt. Make the trip and have a good time. Oh! Avoid the tourist traps in Honolulu.
Posts: 358 | From: Cleveland, MS | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ichibuns
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ichibuns   Email ichibuns   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha T Folts I was stationed at Schofield with the 725 Maint Batt.from 1971-1978 we done some hunting on the east range area called big lucky and little lucky but your son might have to see if the range is open to hunting when they are not doing live fire lots of pigs in that area also did some hunting on the big island in the Pohakuloa training area as well Good luck and Aloha
Posts: 129 | From: hi | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steven E Milbocker
Member # 41007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steven E Milbocker   Email Steven E Milbocker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My oldest boy moved to Kauai in January,my middle boy visited him last month, came home and started the export process for his Siberian husky:)With 2 out of three boys there you know where I'll be this coming winter:)
Posts: 79 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T Folts
Contributor 2017
Member # 5126

My son took his two dogs there also, kinda of a long process but they are his kids.

--------------------
US ARMY 1984-1988

Steven E Milbocker
Member # 41007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steven E Milbocker   Email Steven E Milbocker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boy is a vet tech so he is familiar with the process.That was a help.My Oldest called me on Fathers Day and he can't wait to show me the Nepali Coast. From the pics he sends I can't wait either!
Posts: 79 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©