Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » Hunt planning...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hunt planning...
VictoryHunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37511

Icon 10 posted      Profile for VictoryHunter   Email VictoryHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had originally had hopes of being able to visit the islands in February for the Axis hunt but now that isn't a possibility. The good news is now my wife wants to go to both vacation and to hunt with me! So, I am curious to know if there is a good time of the year with the possibility of a multi-species hunt or if it would be better to just pick one and focus on that. I would really like to come in August for the mouflon hunt but at the same time I want it to be fun for my wife who is new to hunting as I'm aware that the mouflon hunt is really tough. Maybe feral goats and sheep would be a better choice especially for her so we at least have a better chance of seeing good number of goats, not that they would be easier to kill by any means. Any advice?

--------------------
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Posts: 2152 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really depends on which island you want to visit. Do you have an island in mind? Are you going island hopping?
Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VictoryHunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VictoryHunter   Email VictoryHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I don't really have a preference of a single island and island hopping would be possible. We would be flying in to Honolulu and then go from there and if the hunting is any good on O'ahu then we would probably just stay on that island and see what it has to offer.

--------------------
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Posts: 2152 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our goat season on Oahu is from Feb-July. We also have hog hunting but we would have a better chance with the goats.
Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RD808
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RD808   Email RD808   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunting on the Big Island is basically year round. Some good areas open up in March and close in June and November.

--------------------
I need a bomb proof bow....

Posts: 103 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VictoryHunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VictoryHunter   Email VictoryHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay cool, so goats are going to be the best opportunity it sounds like. Now I just have to figure out for sure when we can come!

--------------------
>>>----------------->

Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

I'd say for a short trip, vacation and some hunting, goats would be the best bet. For axis deer or mouflon, I'd suggest staying from Sat-Sat, on Lanai the full 8 days of bowhunting.

There are other options but most would involve hunting on private land.

Let me know when you start to narrow things down. Just remember although Oahu got some nice beaches and hikes, it is really crowded!

Start doing some searches on google...

VictoryHunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37511

Cool, thanks Ryan!

--------------------
>>>----------------->

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©