Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » I'm tired of Michigan winters (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm tired of Michigan winters
Steven E Milbocker
Member # 41007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steven E Milbocker   Email Steven E Milbocker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son moved to Kauai in January and when he started sending pics of the beautiful country I did a little research on the hunting possibilities and it lead me to this site. I really enjoyed Ryan and Staci's videos! By the way thank you for sending me those links Ryan. If all goes well I will not be spending anymore winters here in Michigan!
Posts: 79 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T Folts
Contributor 2017
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T Folts   Email T Folts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steven my son is also there and I plan on going in 2015. I'm taking my bow for some hunting. he's on Oahu.

--------------------
US ARMY 1984-1988

Posts: 2311 | From: Fowlerville,MI | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steven E Milbocker
Member # 41007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steven E Milbocker   Email Steven E Milbocker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Terry, maybe we will cross paths!
Posts: 79 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steven E Milbocker
Member # 41007

One other thing I was wondering. I would be staying with my boy and that would be at a rental place. Not too sure what they will have for freezers. If a guy is lucky enough to take a few animals and don't have a way to keep a lot of meat is there a possibility that it could be donated to local folks? I'd even cut and package it for them.
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Steven, what's wrong with Michigan??? [Big Grin]

Many of the locals like to eat wild game. You just need to find the "right" group of locals.

Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steven E Milbocker
Member # 41007

Not a thing that time of the year Ryan!!I've got snow piled as high as my garage now!Looks familiar, where is that?
finkm1
Contributor 2017
Member # 22045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for finkm1   Email finkm1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you Steven. I think everyone is tired of the cold. You will love Kauai, my wife and I spent 13 days in Hawaii this past July/August. Kauai was my favorite island. Hoping I can win the Mega Millions lottery so I can quit work and move there. [Big Grin] [shaka]

--------------------
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Posts: 661 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just joking Steven… [Wink]
I think that was Silver Springs, we were just playing tourist while at Kalamazoo...

Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steven E Milbocker
Member # 41007

Looks like South Haven. I live about 30 minutes from there.18 below 0 here this morning!
Steven E Milbocker
Member # 41007

Cruising the forum for a little pick me up. 6" of new snow here this morning.The pictures of your beautiful islands are mesmerizing and makes me feel good!
DennyK
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennyK   Email DennyK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Steve, Hawaii looks and sounds pretty good. The only thing wrong with it is those poor folks don't have any snow. [Smile] What part of Mich. are you in?

--------------------
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Posts: 1403 | From: Hudsonville,Mi | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steven E Milbocker
Member # 41007

Allegan,SW lower between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo. I'm counting on them never having any, I plan to spend next winter there with my son!
Steven E Milbocker
Member # 41007

Duh, just saw your in Hudsonville. I was just through there yesterday:)
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Actually… We do have snow. [Big Grin]

Here's one of Riley's pics (RD808)

Mauna Kea, Hawaii 13,000ft

-

Steven E Milbocker
Member # 41007

I think I could tolerate that! Go down-get warm:)
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©