Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » Opening day....2 weeks away (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Opening day....2 weeks away
RD808
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RD808   Email RD808   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howsit gang,

Opening day is only 2 weeks away (March 1st). Opening for Lanai state hunt (Axis), Kipuka Ainahou (sheep/pigs), Puuanahulu (Goats, sheep, pigs), and our Spring bearded turkey (31 consecutive days).

To say im a little excited is an understatement.

-

--------------------
I need a bomb proof bow....

Posts: 103 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ragin Bull
Contributor 2015
Member # 11323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ragin Bull   Author's Homepage   Email Ragin Bull   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck and be sure to post pictures.
This is a hunt that I would love to do.......soon!

--------------------
Graywolfwoolens.com

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Life Member of Comptons

Posts: 1168 | From: Wis. | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalArcher
Member # 23053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CalArcher   Email CalArcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm excited for you Riley! Good luck to you.

--------------------
Husband, Father, Bowhunter

Posts: 52 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RD808
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RD808   Email RD808   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ill be sure to update you guys as things begin to unfold. Later this afternoon ill be heading out, doing some scouting to see where I will spend my opening day...the decisions!!!

--------------------

Posts: 103 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coaster500
Contributor 2015
Member # 19836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coaster500   Email coaster500   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm excited for you!!!

Good hunting >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

--------------------
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Posts: 4773 | From: San Luis Obispo, California | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RD808
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36882

Its been a long off season, I spent the last few weekends scouting. Lets just say, it was time well spent in the field. No trail cameras, just a spotting scope and a DSLR. I know where im spending my opening day. Here are some photos.

Seen some goats way in the distance, took this photo with the spotting scope and a cheap point and shoot.

-

Then closed the distance and snapped this with the DSLR.

-

--------------------

finkm1
Contributor 2017
Member # 22045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for finkm1   Email finkm1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow looks like fun!!!

--------------------
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Posts: 660 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go get 'um Riley!!!
Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RD808
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36882

Well....looks like opening day is in the books. How did it go you might ask...ill leave you with a video still that pretty much sums it up real good.

-

Aloha,
Riley

--------------------

Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Story??? Video??? Both??? Dude you're killing me….
Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RD808
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36882

Ill give a short story soon...Video? ill try put together a short teaser, cant give away too much though [Smile]

--------------------

Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Sweet! I might fly up next month. Do you need tags for Puuhanaulu?
RD808
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36882

Yes you do, they are free so just need to go to the DLNR and grab. Let me know when your here.

--------------------

RD808
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36882

Well here it is...short little teaser! Only have free software to work with...so its not very professional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50DdSAHDaPI&list=UUGZNUhiZLsL3EddrF8Wg78A&feature=c4-overview

--------------------

ichibuns
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ichibuns   Email ichibuns   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwsome Riley going Lanai for Axis bow and general rifle hope to get some meat in da frezza
Posts: 129 | From: hi | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©