Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » YES! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: YES!
Mike Gerardi
Contributor 2014
Member # 11242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Gerardi   Email Mike Gerardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a great time Ryan. I could eat Elk every day. Looking forward to more pics guys!
Posts: 2305 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mike! [shaka]
Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
finkm1
Contributor 2017
Member # 22045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for finkm1   Email finkm1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you hunting on Oahu? Looks like a lot of fun. Keep the pictures coming guys.

--------------------
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Posts: 661 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes we're on Oahu.
Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Izzy
Contributor 2016
Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzy   Email Izzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I just took the boys and dog out for a hike thinking that 20* seemed like a nice break in the weather then I see this thread. This NY winter is wearing me smooth. Have fun fellas, the pics look great.
Posts: 8503 | From: latham, new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FerretWYO
Admin
Member # 13052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FerretWYO   Email FerretWYO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Campbell:
Can't ya hop a plane there at the Base Randy. [Wink]

My base doesn't even have a runway. Ha ha. Looks like a lot of fun there.

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow

Posts: 6401 | From: Cheyenne Wy | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Thanks Izzy!

Randy, yeah we're having a great time, too bad it's almost the 21st...

Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heading out shortly to meet Ryan and Jerry again but thought I'd throw this little report in from yesterday. Not especially trad bow hunting but certainly Island related.

"Man I sure wish I'd had my bow fishing rig but haven't figured how to get onto an active Military Base with it yet.
Two bonefish and two goatfish, even got a chase from a little barracuda. The sharks (black tips mostly I think) were crazy. Had 30 of em (not little guys either, 6' to 8' long) around me at one time chasing the bonefish. Poked two of em with my rod to get em to leave when I landed the first bone. Three of em a few feet away just waiting for me to release the fish. Had to take him to shallow water to keep him from being eaten. My sweet wifey on think beach thinks I'm Crazy..." [Wink]

I've taken my bow fishing rig out a few times but never had an encounters like this before. No doubt I could have shot numerous sharks while wading in knee to waist deep water. At times it was literally like being surrounded by a pack of wolves. Very tense but I can't wait to go out there again! [Wink]

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8940 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Campbell
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we still didn't bring home the pork but saw several pigs and flung a few arrows. Just dont get better than that. I have to thank Jerry and Ryan again for the great Island Hospitality! We've got a couple more days here so hope to get back up to the North Shore again. After that it's back to a Montana Winter that may till June. [Wink]

--------------------
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8940 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Maybe Thursday??? [pray]
Doug Campbell
Member # 269

Sure wish I could buddy but looks like the next pig hunt will have to wait a year or so. [Frown]

--------------------
Doug's Photo Album,

Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

No worries, time sure flew by. Thanks again for stopping by the house. Tell Karen that we said hi and have a safe flight back to Montana!

Hey be safe tomorrow, you don't want those white legs to be mistaken for a healthy Oio!!!

Next year I should have a better work schedule and should be able to take more time off!

Aloha Doug and Karen!

Ryan & Staci

Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Doug on one of our final stalks of the trip. He's only a few yards from the hogs, too bad they were all too small. The bigger ones were too smart and didn't want to come out to play…

-

saltwatertom
Contributor 2014
Member # 11477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saltwatertom   Author's Homepage   Email saltwatertom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too small???? Unless they are hanging on to mom they are good to go! Had some last year that fit nice on the weber [Big Grin]

They both fit together inside my backpack field dressed. Yummmmy!

--------------------
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Posts: 547 | From: Homer, Alaska | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Campbell
Member # 269

Well sitting in the airport waiting for the all night flight back to MT. [Frown] We had a wonderful time in the Islands again. Sure makes a nice break in the MT winter.

Yea I know Tom, I've thumped a few of those Habatchi pigs, dandy eating. These little guys couldn't have been four days old though. What I really wanted to do was catch one of em for Staci. Where I'm standing in the pic one was literally right at my feet but the thorns on those weeds were thick. Can't recall her puppy's name but sure would have made a dandy playmate for him. [Wink] What I should have been doing was paying attention cause momma snuck right up on me while I was thinking of making the grab. [Wink]

--------------------
Doug's Photo Album,

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©