Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » Best time of year to hunt Kauai?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best time of year to hunt Kauai?
tenbrook
SPONSOR
Member # 14234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tenbrook   Author's Homepage   Email tenbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a buddy with a condo in Kauai that I have access to. Me and a few other bowhunters want to make a hunting trip out there to try our hand at pigs and goats on public land.

Whats the best time of year and what area should we plan on hunting please?

Thanks! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Tenbrook Archery
LIKE Tenbrook Archery on Facebook

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I haven't been there in years...

I would say Na Pali, but I don't know what it's like these days. I heard there was eradication efforts in the past few years.

Sounds like there are a few traditional bowhunters headed there. Hopefully the others will help with info...

Posts: 3020 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steven E Milbocker
Member # 41007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steven E Milbocker   Email Steven E Milbocker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talked with Mike Vines yesterday and he said the Na Pali coast for sure for pigs. He also said the goats have been eradicated.My boy is setting me up with some locals that hunt there so I'm hoping it works out.My son lives in Kapaa and says there is some hunting close by as well.Leaving Sunday and staying till Feb 11. [Smile]
Posts: 79 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ted
2017 Contributor
Member # 4837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ted   Email Ted   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hunted Napoli coast last April. It was awesome. Goats are NOT eradicated by any means. Saw hog sign in hanakoa valley, but I was there for goats and didn't pursue. Started getting into goats at about the 5 or 6 mile point and saw them all the way out to the end. Killed 3 on the trip.

-

Posts: 803 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve H.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve H.   Author's Homepage   Email Steve H.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on the Napali last March. Goat hunting was quite poor compared to the 2007-2009 time period that I hunted 3-4 times but still managed to have close calls on a couple goats and kill a pig.
Posts: 2424 | From: Moose Pass, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©