Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » Oahu Nanny Down *Update* 2015 Goat Season

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oahu Nanny Down *Update* 2015 Goat Season
Msturm
Contributor 2016
Member # 41701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Msturm   Email Msturm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took the old Bear Kodiak Magnum up the mountain today after school was pau.

This is my second Goat with a bow. Im pretty stoked!

-

Aloha!

--------------------
Stalker Coyote FXT Long bow 49#

Keep yer stick on the ice.

Posts: 544 | From: Hawaii | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KyStickbow
2017 Contributor
Member # 23941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KyStickbow   Email KyStickbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!

--------------------
Aim small...Miss small!!

Posts: 2076 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go sir! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 7086 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Msturm
Contributor 2016
Member # 41701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Msturm   Email Msturm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And a Billy today! I shot up at him from below about 20 yards. Quartering away.
 -

--------------------

Posts: 544 | From: Hawaii | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saltwatertom
Contributor 2014
Member # 11477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saltwatertom   Author's Homepage   Email saltwatertom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, I was just on da big island and didn't score but had a great time chasing da goats and looking for piggies and turkeys. It's nice to just spend time out in the lava fields alone.
I'll be back as soon as I can.
[shaka]

--------------------
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Posts: 547 | From: Homer, Alaska | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Izzy
Contributor 2016
Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzy   Email Izzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!
Posts: 8503 | From: latham, new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalArcher
Member # 23053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CalArcher   Email CalArcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job, congratulations!

--------------------
Husband, Father, Bowhunter

Posts: 52 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're on a roll! Doing way better than me! Good going!!!

Great to meet you the other day!

Aloha!

[shaka]

Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 7086 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Msturm
Contributor 2016
Member # 41701

-

Yesterday's adventure with the Bear Montana 45# ended in a nice little chocolate colored billy. Shot at 26 yards. "called" him in. Pass through. Good eating size ( had curry for dinner tonight).

I bought this bow on a whim, one of the best decisions I ever made. Take the silly leather grip off and it is one of my favorite bows ever.

Ryan, Nice meeting you too! Cool to see we know a lot of the same people. Hope to make it into the woods with ya one of these days!

--------------------

Msturm
Contributor 2016
Member # 41701

I went back up yesterday and got a few pics of one of my favorite areas.
 -  -  -  -

I did manage to bag a little nanny on the trip too!

--------------------

Msturm
Contributor 2016
Member # 41701

I went up to a new favorite spot and put the hurt on a nice billy today. He was not the biggest of the herd but the biggest one I could get close to!
 -

Man I love this style of hunting! All spot and stalk. So much fun! dangerous terrain.

-

I am, however, noticing that there is a lot less action now that it is rifle season. More pressure and animals are more skittish.

On the other hand, during the hike out I saw three decent sized pigs! First time for that in this spot.

--------------------

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©