Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » Help with Hawaii plans?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with Hawaii plans?
Etter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etter   Email Etter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a ways off. Maybe five years but me and some buddies are looking to put together a hawaii hunt for axis, sheep, and pigs. We plan to bring wives so the area has to be near the beach. We would love to rent a hotel or house below a big big piece of public mountain land where we can hunt every day. Our hope was to just fly in, rent cars, and hunt. Where would the best place to go be? Id like to start the research now
Posts: 303 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be honest, much will change in the islands in five years. In addition, you would have to travel to more than one island if you want to hunt all three animals. When you say sheep, do you mean mouflon or ferals?

If you're looking to hunt public land and those three species, what you're asking to do is almost impossible.

Posts: 2986 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etter   Email Etter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Axis dont have to be part of it. Mouflon were my main focus.
Posts: 303 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26482

It looks like the big island would be the best destination. Lots of public land there? Thanks for your help
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're looking for public land mouflon, Lana'i would be your best bet, but they don't have hogs.
Posts: 2986 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©