Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » On Week #7, the Stars Aligned for Staci and I... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: On Week #7, the Stars Aligned for Staci and I...
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Upon close inspection, it seemed as the arrow snapped as the nanny jumped down from the rock. The blood trail was good and eventually we found the front end of her arrow.

-

Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The blood trail led us right to the downed nanny. Both of us were relieved and elated. It's been a few years since she hunted with her recurve and this was the season that she decided to transition back.
A quick story of her transition back. http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=152899;p=1

-

Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

The day didn't end there as this is what we found right before sundown. Keep in mind, in this area, we're lucky if we see a hog during the entire season.

-

Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Here's a screen shot of a short video that I filmed right after we finished deboning the hog. It was a rough walk out by flashlight, but it was well worth it and you couldn't wipe the smiles off of our faces. [Big Grin]

-

As mentioned earlier the entire hunt of week 7 will be shared on The Push Podcast. I think it'll be fun as I've never shared a hunting story on a podcast before and Tim and Matt are such fun guys to chat with.

Aloha Gang!

[shaka]

Buckeye1977
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 44686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buckeye1977   Email Buckeye1977   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great hunt thanks for sharing! Those cutthroats look like some mean heads! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Nick

PBS Associate Member
Kemp Kwyk Styk 56" 47@28
Toelke Chinook 58" 47@28
Zipper 58" 58@28

Posts: 653 | From: OH | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anointed Archer   Email Anointed Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was excellent, great story! Congratulations!

--------------------
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Posts: 1742 | From: Greenville, Mi. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Vines
Contributor 2015
Member # 7379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Vines   Email Mike Vines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[shaka]

--------------------
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Posts: 5337 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ermont
2017 Contributor
Member # 25655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ermont   Email ermont   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like fun. Nice to see you have a great partner to hunt with!
Posts: 1727 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

quote:
Originally posted by Buckeye1977:
Great hunt thanks for sharing! Those cutthroats look like some mean heads! [thumbsup]

Thank you! Yeah, we're really liking those cutthroats.
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

quote:
Originally posted by Anointed Archer:
That was excellent, great story! Congratulations!

Thank you for the kind words!
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Vines:
[shaka]

Maybe one day of hunting???
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

quote:
Originally posted by ermont:
Sounds like fun. Nice to see you have a great partner to hunt with!

It's great to hunt with my best friend! [Wink]
Msturm
Contributor 2016
Member # 41701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Msturm   Email Msturm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story I look forward to the pod cast. I was at the box a day after this adventure took place and saw your log. My reaction was an audible " No Way!" Super stoked for you guys.

--------------------
Stalker Coyote FXT Long bow 49#

Keep yer stick on the ice.

Posts: 561 | From: Hawaii | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

quote:
Originally posted by Msturm:
Great story I look forward to the pod cast. I was at the box a day after this adventure took place and saw your log. My reaction was an audible " No Way!" Super stoked for you guys.

Mahalo Mike!
Yeah we really got lucky that day.
BTW, I just watched the video this morning. Awesome stuff! [clapper] That's a "trophy" in my eyes! It's a tough hunt and I've seen guys with compounds struggle up there. You make it look easy. [Wink] You're a Stud up in those mountains. I watched you climb down one of the ridges a few weeks back.

Thank you for taking care of the land! [thumbsup]

*Mike is one of the good guys who takes the time to pack out rubbish that's left behind by others and it's definitely not an easy pack back to the truck.

Aloha Bruddah Mike!

Mike Vines
Contributor 2015
Member # 7379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Vines   Email Mike Vines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan K Sanpei:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Vines:
[shaka]

Maybe one day of hunting???
As much as I'd like to say AT LEAST one day of hunting, it just isn't in the cards this trip. It'll just be about fishing as much as humanly possible...which isn't a bad trade off at all.

--------------------
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Posts: 5337 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©