Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Trad Bowhunting & Wilderness Podcast
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Brian Kelly

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Holm-made traditional bows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Holm-made traditional bows
rklimber
Member # 18308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rklimber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got my osprey in the mail from holm-made traditional bows last week(59#@28 60") [bigsmyl] . Exceptional looking bow with solid shooting characteristics. The bamboo cores with heavy riser wood give it a nice stable feel. What stood out the most was the smoothness of the draw with no stacking. Customer service was also outstanding. After test driving a bow ,I ordered one to the specs I was looking for. Chad tweaked the grip to fit my needs and emailed inprogress pictures to insure we were on the same page. Waiting time was a bonus, test driving,comunicating back and forth, building bow and receiving was about 4 1/2 weeks! If your considering one of Chad's bows, you might want to order before he gets to backed up.
Looking forward to stumping with it (been stuck shooting indoors) [banghead] but too much snow for now.
Sorry about not posting pictures, but the recent photobucket virus thread scared me off!
happy hunting,rklimber

Posts: 12 | From: Pa | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newtotrad
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newtotrad   Email newtotrad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chad's bows are great. I got one back in late December. Still need to post some pics. Figured Cherry veneers with Bacote riser = pure beauty.
Posts: 122 | From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rklimber
Member # 18308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rklimber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had bows with bocote risers, it is a beautiful wood, havn't seen one with cherry veneers, sounds like a great combo!
Forgot to mention, the riser on mine is bolivian rosewood (very dark wood)with bamboo limbs.

Posts: 12 | From: Pa | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leatherneck
Contributor 2014
Member # 11436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leatherneck   Email leatherneck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That just ain't right. No pics! [Mad]

--------------------
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Posts: 4426 | From: Bethesda, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdamH
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AdamH   Email AdamH       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Real Good man that Chad, we talked a few, Really seems like he'll go way out of his way to make a fella happy !!
Posts: 2663 | From: PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amar911
Contributor 2013
Member # 15808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amar911   Email amar911   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have said it before, and I will say it again, Chad's bows are some of the best bargains available in new custom bows. They look great, shoot about as fast as any trad bow on the market, draw and shoot smoothly, and feel light and stable in your hand. They are very efficient, accurate bows. When Chad has been building his bows for another year or two, his prices will be much higher and the delivery times will be much longer. Now is definitely the time to order one. I sure like mine. There are other bows I like as well or even a little better, but all those cost almost double to triple what Chad's bows do. I sure haven't tried all the bows on the market today, and there may very well be several that compete with Chad's bows in every respect, but if they exist, they are undervalued too!

Allan

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 3231 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frenchymanny
Contributor 2014
Member # 8403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frenchymanny   Email Frenchymanny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by leatherneck:
That just ain't right. No pics! [Mad]

I second that!

F-Manny

--------------------
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 70@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Posts: 2496 | From: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doubleo
Contributor 2014
Member # 12581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doubleo   Email doubleo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ordered an Osprey from Chad last week. 59",48#. Lefty,Bocote with Babinga flare riser and overlays. I also ordered the Curly Cherry veneer limbs. Chad said it would take 3-6 weeks.

--------------------
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Posts: 1085 | From: Plymouth,Wi. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holm-Made
SPONSOR
Member # 1997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holm-Made   Author's Homepage   Email Holm-Made   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys for the kind words. Haven't been on here much, too busy breathing shop dust. Here's a couple of pictures of your bows I built. Poor quality pictures but you get the idea. Chad

Dale's riser and tips
 -

-

Craig's curly cherry veneers
 -

--------------------
www.holmmadetraditionalbows.com

Posts: 1537 | From: MN | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian johnson
Cadet Member
Member # 11656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian johnson   Email Ian johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want an osprey longbow, they look like great shooters, great looking longbow!, really like the riser overlays

--------------------
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Posts: 2017 | From: Ponchatoula LA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holm-Made
SPONSOR
Member # 1997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holm-Made   Author's Homepage   Email Holm-Made   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I have the photo bucket up here is a "show off" picture of a couple bows I built for a father and son combination last Fall. Chad
 -

--------------------
www.holmmadetraditionalbows.com

Posts: 1537 | From: MN | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmgrode
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 5420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mmgrode   Email mmgrode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful bows Chad!!

--------------------
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Posts: 1504 | From: WI/CO/ID/MT | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leatherneck
Contributor 2014
Member # 11436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leatherneck   Email leatherneck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, real nice!

--------------------
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Posts: 4426 | From: Bethesda, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©