Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Swafford Knives
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Benjamin Epting

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Super Kodiak vs. Kodiak Hunter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super Kodiak vs. Kodiak Hunter
elbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19179

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elbow   Email elbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trying to learn all I can about vintage Bear bows hunting performance, wondering how the guys with experience compare the Super Kodiak and the Kodiak Hunter's performance . Any info would be appreciated.
Posts: 516 | From: vermont | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Skinner
Contributor 2008
Member # 14603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Skinner   Email Bill Skinner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Performance is about the same. The Super K is heavier. The grip shapes are different, the Kodiak is very high wrist, the Super K is a little lower. Bill
Posts: 575 | From: Alabama | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackstick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstick   Email Blackstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two Grayling SKs and a 1970 Hunter and while the Hunter is a beautiful bow to look at I rarely shoot it. The arrow shelf on the Hunter sits a little bit higher above the grip compared to the 1967½ Super Kodiak.
Posts: 466 | From: NE Indiana | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Whitmire Jr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Whitmire Jr   Email Jack Whitmire Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hnads down the super Kodiak ,shoots sweet for me !

--------------------
Tolerance is a virtue of a man without any Morals- unknown author

Posts: 1072 | From: Scott Depot, WV | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cacciatore
Contributor 2014
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me Super Kodiaks are some of the best bows ever made,Hunter are good shoters too but at a lower level,the grip and the shelf are much more instinctive oriented in the SK.

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 7971 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OldSkoolArcher
Contributor 2011
Member # 21354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OldSkoolArcher   Email OldSkoolArcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The grips are the major difference between the two for me.

I feel that Kodiak Hunters are probably the best "deal" in the Bear Bow Market.

Posts: 2562 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©