INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Antonio Martinez

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE 2016 ST. JUDE AUCTION BIDDING FORUMS

Trad Gang.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » *** OFF TOPIC info *** - and newbie info (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: *** OFF TOPIC info *** - and newbie info
Owlgrowler
Contributor 2015
Member # 8222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owlgrowler   Email Owlgrowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the benefits of fletching tape feathers far outweighs fully glued on feathers in terms of time and durability,

Wow, guess I'm going to have to try the tape.

Nice job by the way, kind of a "Readers Digest" of every book written on the subject.

--------------------
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Posts: 730 | From: NJ | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GingivitisKahn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GingivitisKahn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nicely done - that should help lots of folks and save lots of time.

[thumbsup]

Posts: 2025 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattR
Member # 21329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattR   Email MattR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TTT

--------------------
A&H ACS CX Ebony JK, AMO 64 44#
English longbow (scourge of the French!).

Even monkeys fall from tree's.

Posts: 25 | From: Folkestone, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timsheldon55
Member # 22173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timsheldon55   Email timsheldon55   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the post, I'am a newbie and unsure as were to ask a question.If I have a arrow question where should I ask it? Thanks
Posts: 2 | From: minnesota | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by timsheldon55:
Thanks for the post, I'am a newbie and unsure as were to ask a question.If I have a arrow question where should I ask it? Thanks

welcome to trad gang - powwow is the place to talk about trad bow hunting related topics, which includes bows 'n' arrows.

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Life ~ NRA RSO ~ TMA ~ Buffalo Rifles

Posts: 9894 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ranger42
Contributor 2010
Member # 18701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ranger42   Email ranger42   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great post! I may have to try the tape as well.
Posts: 129 | From: indiana | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnderControl16
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19457

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnderControl16   Email UnderControl16   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very well said
Posts: 336 | From: Waukesha Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Manassa
Contributor 2015
Member # 15050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Manassa   Email Mike Manassa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very good Rob..Newbies aren't the only ones too benefit from it..Mike
Posts: 272 | From: Rodman,NY | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ALABOWHUNTER
Member # 17032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ALABOWHUNTER   Email ALABOWHUNTER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob..thanks for the post. I have been a member for some time and have enjoyed reading the good info that has been shared on this site. I enjoy archery very much and just can't seem to get enough. I like to fletch my on arrows and have allways used glue but after reading Your post I will give tape a try as I am allways looking for a better way to do anything. Larry
Posts: 30 | From: Alabama | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raging Water
Contributor 2012
Member # 22308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raging Water   Email Raging Water       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent information for us newbies. Thanks!

--------------------
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Posts: 3612 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
americanhunter7
2017 Contributor
Member # 20678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for americanhunter7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob, as always it's great to have someone like you to instruct and guide us newbies down the path. I appreciate all of your input, and assistance that you have provided me since being a member of this site. I'm sure I will have plenty more questions...And I know that I can count on good, accurate, and knowledgeable responses from you and other members on this site.
Thanks for all the help.

--------------------
John [campfire]

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1241 | From: Vallonia, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shifting Shadow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shifting Shadow   Email Shifting Shadow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for trying to smooth the way for those new to trad bowhunting.

--------------------
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Posts: 796 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucas K
Contributor 2012
Member # 13615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucas K   Email Lucas K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Post Rob. Hope it helps lots of poeple.
Lucas

--------------------
Lucas Kent

Posts: 619 | From: Kansas City, MO | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greykilt
Member # 22347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greykilt   Email greykilt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very informative. Thank you for taking the time to post.

--------------------
Greykilt
"Good Ships, Wood Ships, Ships that Sail the Sea,
The Best Ships are Friendships and May They Always Be."
Spirit 66" LB 56#@28"
Spirit 62" custom TD LB 56#@28"
Spirit 58" Recurve 49#@28"
Bear 52" Kodiak Magnum 45#@28"

Posts: 4 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michigan bill
Contributor 2016
Member # 12622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michigan bill   Email michigan bill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that was an excellent post, Rob. thanks.
bill norman

--------------------
"Having lost sight of my goal, I redoubled my efforts."

Posts: 363 | From: san angelo, texas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©