Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Two Tracks Bow Co.
3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

David B. Gage

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Dryad ILF riser finally ready for production (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Dryad ILF riser finally ready for production
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wingnut   Author's Homepage   Email wingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark,

Yes you can get a phenolic riser, but we do not do a solid phenolic. We take it apart and put it back together with glass to help stiffen it.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com
www.dryadbows.com/helleknives/index.htm

http://www.facebook.com/dryadbows?ref=ts
TRADGANG Sponsor since day 1

Posts: 8661 | From: weatherford, texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOOTO8S
SPONSOR
Member # 2727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOOTO8S   Author's Homepage   Email SHOOTO8S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the chance to see this riser come to life, while staying with the Dryad crew in Texas....really nice grip and contours!

--------------------
www.safarituff.com

2004 IBO World Champion

Posts: 1943 | From: Decatur,AL | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Clandinin
Contributor 2015
Member # 17084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Clandinin   Email Steve Clandinin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like the looks of that Recurve,its got POWER written all over it,i'm definately a Curve man.Mike what lengths are offered in the curve with that riser?

--------------------
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Posts: 2918 | From: Sask. Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trashwood
Charter Member
Member # 827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trashwood   Author's Homepage   Email trashwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got to shoot the riser last weekend. Mike had a pair of ILF longbow limbs on it. from looking at the rig you woulld not really think of an ILF bow. very nicely designed.

the sight window was cut passed center I think. it put the arrows right down the center line for me. I was shooting ligther weight target arrows. holding point on at the 40 yd elk 2D target i had a nice group right above the back in line with the KZ. I moved my aiming point to right under the chest. OH YA! Dryad has got a killer rig

rusty

Posts: 5715 | From: fort worth, TX | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trashwood
Charter Member
Member # 827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trashwood   Author's Homepage   Email trashwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got to peek in ever so often during the design of this riser. The first concern was stiffness, espcially in the sight window area. to make a lot of ILF shooters happy the riser would need to be cut past center (at least to keep me happy). that is harder than you think. you just can't take material off the inside of the sight window. that would let the riser torque thsu head for a busted riser sooner or later.

A lot of r&d went into the riser . The next phase was cosmetic look of the riser. Jason is great at spacial visualazation. His goal was cearly to have all the structual integraty necessary and have a tradtional wooden riser look.

That was lots of wooden chips and CNC code. I had never thouht about the accuracy the CNC machine adds to the build and design of a riser till I got to watch the process. You get limbs and riser that are inline. Inline and every possible milligram of extra weight removed and balanced on the center. Ya know what ya get. efficiency and speed

great job guys

rusty

Posts: 5715 | From: fort worth, TX | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cacciatore
Contributor 2015
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Mike it looks to be a very well designed riser.

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 8160 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinecone
Contributor 2007
Member # 1931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinecone   Email Pinecone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great looking bow. Love the lines of that recurve.

Claudia

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2260 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wingnut   Author's Homepage   Email wingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curve lengths on the Epic 15 inch are 56, 58, 60, and 62. Longbow limbs will make it: 58, 60, 62, and 64.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com
www.dryadbows.com/helleknives/index.htm

http://www.facebook.com/dryadbows?ref=ts
TRADGANG Sponsor since day 1

Posts: 8661 | From: weatherford, texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©