Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Izzy!

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION LISTING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Refinish a Bear bow or get it refinished?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Refinish a Bear bow or get it refinished?
Gil Verwey
Contributor 2014
Member # 9674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gil Verwey   Email Gil Verwey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am getting a '67 Super Kodiak that can use refinishing. I checked the threads in the Bowyers Bench. Has anyone attempted this or is it better to ship it off to The Real Bowdoc or Droptine?

Any input is appreciated. I have no idea what the cost to have it refinished is, so that would probably be the determining factor if it is real expensive.

Thanks
Gil

--------------------
TGMM Family of the bow.

Posts: 3071 | From: NewJersey | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
Contributor 2014
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I your just going to have a shooter, do it your self if you can. If you want a show piece and a collectible have it done by a pro. It cost more than he bow is worth!! But it's your choice.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 11050 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WRV
Contributor 2014
Member # 24699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRV   Email WRV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a '72 Grizzly that I'm going to try and refinish myself. The '69 Super Kodiak is going to Rich......Randy

--------------------
Morrison Cheyenne TD 60" 50@28
Super Shrew Samurai 58" 53@28
Black Widow PSAX 60" 53@28
BUNCHA BIGHORNS
Genesis 27:3

Posts: 1039 | From: Mebane, North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©