3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » tooth pick arrow holder (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: tooth pick arrow holder
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rastaman:
 -

Here are some i copied from Tippit using a matchstick..just substitute a toothpick. i like the matchstick because it is a little more sturdy! [Smile]

I downloaded the pic and flipped it to Imgur

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7326 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ranger 3
Contributor 2014
Member # 3123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ranger 3   Email ranger 3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=151928#000002

--------------------
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Posts: 3203 | From: il | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bummer!...lookin' like the Photopukit patch doesn't work anymore.
[help]

Posts: 2264 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greg fields
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4803

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greg fields   Email greg fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sure your attaching it to the back of your bow instead of the front..... I've used a quick lock for years and never even thought of it not releasing...
Posts: 179 | From: pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Beastmaster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Beastmaster   Email Red Beastmaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by greg fields:
You sure your attaching it to the back of your bow instead of the front..... I've used a quick lock for years and never even thought of it not releasing...

The side of the bow facing the archer is considered the front. The back is the side facing away.

Kwikloc holds the arrow on the front of the bow, toward the archer.

They work wonderfully. Takes a half second to secure the arrow without looking and releases when you draw.

--------------------
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy. Coach John Wooden

Posts: 1732 | From: Meyersdale, Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger Norris
SPONSOR
Member # 601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Norris   Author's Homepage   Email Roger Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did the toothpick holder for years, it works great. I also used twigs from whatever tree I was sitting in. I have had so many arrows fall off of my bow....it is what led me to start making these:

-

There are a million ways to skin this cat. [thumbsup]

--------------------
"I think wolves would find me stringy, of high cholesterol, with an Irish whiskey aftertaste"
www.Tradwoodsman.com The Woodsman Skinner is the finest knife ever made"..John Wayne

Posts: 3970 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©