3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » How to broadhead storage boxes Part 1 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How to broadhead storage boxes Part 1
ksbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ksbowman   Email ksbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A while back there was a question on how to store your broadheads. I have two easy to make boxes that can be made cheap and are very functional. The first is made out of a makeup case. I've seen these boxes at garage sales and thrift stores over and over. They were nice little aluminum cases, 3 3/4" x 6 3/4" x 10 1/4" with a handle on them.  - Good looking cases, strong and my favorite part cheap! I gave $1.50 for this one and it will hold 18 broadheads vertical and more if you want to lay them loose between the others.  -

--------------------
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Posts: 1872 | From: Paola,kansas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticguido
***unregistered***

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kool, I like it..
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ksbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ksbowman   Email ksbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First there is a mirror in the top I removed the one from this box, but if you put camo on your face you might want to leave it in. Just take the liner out of the bottom and put it in the top. Here it is before removal  - Then reach in with a flat screw driver and gently lift and it will come out in one piece.  - Then take the bottom cover out and place it in the top where the mirror was. Next take a piece of 1 by 8 and cut it down to fit in the bottom of the box. I like a tight fit so I cut it 1/16" smaller than the inside of the box. Then mark the center both ways with a light pencil mark, go 3/4" both ways to make you first center lines and space all the cross hair on 1 1/2" centers for broadhead locations.  -

--------------------

Posts: 1872 | From: Paola,kansas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GRINCH
2017 Contributor
Member # 15235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GRINCH   Email GRINCH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Idea.

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Posts: 5886 | From: GENEVA ALABAMA | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ksbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9073

Drill the holes for your broadheads 13/64" diameter. If you've laid everything out right you should have 18 holes spaced at 1 1/2" centers. This will let even large broadheads like Zwickey Deltas plenty of room. Next pick the best side of your board and place it face down (it will be the top and you don't want to cut on it). Take a piece of 1/8" plastic tubing and cut 18 pieces 3/8" long and glue them in the holes on the ugly side of your base board. The reason for this is the holes you drilled are the correct size for the shank of your broadheads, but the threads are smaller a will fit in the tubing letting the broadheads stand erect and firm in place.  -

--------------------

1oldbowguy
Contributor 2016
Member # 26890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1oldbowguy   Author's Homepage   Email 1oldbowguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that is a very useful idea, thanks.

--------------------
Always say what you mean, that way people will know you mean what you say.

Posts: 645 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ksbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9073

Then stain and finish the good side and slip it into the bottom of your box.  - You can glue it in place if you want, but I like mine where I can remove it if I want. The broadheads won't slip around or fall out in this setup. If you bought it I bet it would be $30-40 as sharp as it looks and you should have less than $5 in it. I'll put up a part two later tonight with another version I've used for years that also has room for sharpening equiptment with your heads.

--------------------

Rooselk
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rooselk   Email Rooselk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT is a great idea! Thanks for sharing it with us. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Posts: 1959 | From: Billings, Montana | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wbyrd
Contributor 2011
Member # 23924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wbyrd   Author's Homepage   Email wbyrd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been looking for a way to store my broadheads now that I've got them super sharp. Very nice, thanks!

--------------------
~ SUA SPONTE ~

Posts: 222 | From: Arizona | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beetlebailey1977
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beetlebailey1977   Author's Homepage   Email beetlebailey1977   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to be looking for one of them boxes for sure.

--------------------
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive Council Member.
P.B.S. Associate member
62" Dwyer Defiant 68#@30"
68" AIM Legend Deluxe 50#@30"
63" NTN Red Elm Mollegabet selfbow 65#@30"
64" NTN Bamboo backed Osage Strunk style bow 68#@30"

James V. Bailey II

Posts: 638 | From: Reevesville, South Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bretto
Contributor 2016
Member # 11278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bretto   Email bretto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So that's what You've been doing.

Great idea. Much better than the little plastic tackle box I have. My broadheads just lay flat and rub all over each other.

Posts: 2319 | From: Linwood, Ks | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ksbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9073

ttt

--------------------

tracker12
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tracker12   Email tracker12   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice idea. Like the tubing idea.

--------------------
T ZZZZ

Posts: 1785 | From: Maryland | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zepnut
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zepnut   Author's Homepage   Email zepnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea.
Posts: 908 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEsquivel
Contributor 2015
Member # 35358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MEsquivel   Email MEsquivel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! Thats a great idea.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to glue some inserts in the wood. That way you can screw them in.

Posts: 97 | From: TX | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©