Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Trad Bowhunting & Wilderness Podcast
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Brian Kelly

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Wes Wallace bow reviews?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wes Wallace bow reviews?
DXH
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24079

Icon 5 posted      Profile for DXH   Email DXH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for some feedback from owners/previous owners

--------------------
Ben Pearson Cougar 40#
PSE Black Hawk T/D 55#

Posts: 165 | From: Alabama | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5deer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5deer   Email 5deer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one of the best. [archer] 5

--------------------
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Posts: 800 | From: washington | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shdwhwk
Member # 26097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shdwhwk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here you go:

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=100477

My preferred bowyer [thumbsup]

Posts: 80 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elk whisperer
Contributor 2014
Member # 16586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elk whisperer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top 5

--------------------
The older I get the better I was

Posts: 394 | From: new mexico/Gila | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1screagle
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1screagle   Email 1screagle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wallace's I have are so beautiful to start with. I had Wes build them to my spec's and his eye for the wood I wanted. Each bow he surpassed my expectations. I've shot a ton of bows in my short traditional career, His are amoung the top 5% in my opinion. He doesn't boast about anything, very humble. I have shot a couple of Mentors I would'nt care to own by the way the felt when I shot them. Don't know if it was how they were set up or somehow a character of the bow itself. Mine are very fast and stable, very quiet, smooth and solid, not much for vibration that I notice. Empecable craftsmanship. The Macasser Ebony riser with Mrytlewood veneers and bamboo cores draws like butter and shoots like a rocket, very confidence inspiring. The others I have are Cocobolo/Bacote with split veneers and boo cores too. A little less mass weight perceptibly, but shoot as well. The last one I bought was his new B model riser. 15" instead of 19". Makes my 60" limbs to total a 56" bow. This little gem spits an arrow like no bodies buisness! I have slightly less than a 28" draw. If I overdraw just a bit, I can feel it starting to stack. It is under my normal draw length so no bother. I had 3 Habu's that I absolutely loved!! They were fantastic, Recurve, Hybrid and longbow all in the same woods and weight, different lengths. Nice collection but I wanted to concentrate on one bowyer to help my shooting. It has helped a great deal, I'm shooting better than ever not having to adjust so much from different makers and styles of bow. When I cracked and twisted a limb from not paying attention, Wes said let me look at them, sent them back 2 weeks later straightened, fixed and charged me 40.00! He knew I would have layed out another 450.00 in a heart beat. Integrity! He is a great guy, and has won my support. I think there are a lot of good bowyers, fewer great ones. Does'nt mean I can't appreciate the works of others and shoot Wallace's. Wes would be the first to acknoweldge the other world class bowyers.
Kenn

--------------------
3 Wes Wallace Recurves,
2 original Mentors & 1 B-Model Mentor
3 Wes Wallace Longbows
1 Dwyer Defiant "Legolas"

www.stoneartistllc.com

Posts: 548 | From: Appleton, Wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Dente
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Dente   Email Al Dente   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Mentor that I purchased used about 6-7 years ago. 58# @ 28". It is my favorite bow, period. Very smooth draw, no shock, and boy, has it taken its' licks over the years. Still real pretty to look. High praise for it.

--------------------
Vice President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
All the best to you and yours
>>>>------------------------>

Posts: 1227 | From: New York | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hvyhitter
Contributor 2014
Member # 15486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hvyhitter   Email hvyhitter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a green Stealth made in 94. It was a really smooth, quiet bow that was a pleasure to shoot and a great looking bow. Got caught up in the speed thing and traded it for a Palmer. That bows gone too and dont miss it. I sure would like to get another bow from Wes and may order one if I ever get back to work. Just a great shooting, well made bow.

--------------------
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Posts: 1347 | From: Zville OH | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Cooper
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Cooper   Email Jeff Cooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Stealth takedown that I had made in '98, and 9 Royal takedowns that I have had made since then...you might get the impression that I like Wes and his work! They shoot great for me, and I can (and try to) shoot them everyday with no elbow pain that I have experienced from shooting other bows. Wes is a great guy to do business with, and he makes a beautiful looking/great shooting bow. Feel free to PM with any questions.

Jeff Cooper

Posts: 175 | From: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ka
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14814

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ka   Author's Homepage   Email ka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick and forgiving bows. Just make sure to get the grip sized for your hand.

--------------------

Posts: 653 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ragnarok Forge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ragnarok Forge   Email Ragnarok Forge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The wife and I own 4 royals, and have two more coming in the next two months. He is the only bowyer we use. I have visited his shop and chatted with him at shoots. Wes is a gentlemen, very humble, a hoot to swap hunting stories with, and a master bowyer. His bows are top of the line masterpieces. When you compare his prices they are well below what you would pay to get an equivalent bow from a lot of other bowyers.

--------------------
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone. It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Posts: 3246 | From: Vancouver, WA. | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pointer
Contributor 2014
Member # 11915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pointer   Email Pointer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Mentor is an excellent bow and Wes is a great guy to work with..
Posts: 585 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antler chaser
Contributor 2013
Member # 7767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antler chaser   Author's Homepage   Email antler chaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a mentor that shoots awesome & is a great looking bow, but what he and black rose traditional archery club does for the kids is outstanding! keep up the good work, hats off.
Posts: 82 | From: colorado | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry m
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry m   Email Larry m   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DHX
If you click on the link that "shdwhwk" posted above you'll get numerous reviews on the bows of Mr Wallace. This subject went around a bit several weeks ago. Good info there!!!!!

Posts: 1024 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©