Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Izzy!

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION LISTING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Cari-bow Taiga recurve (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cari-bow Taiga recurve
daniel boon
Contributor 2014
Member # 25742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel boon   Email daniel boon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been on their site,looking at the Cari-bow Taiga TD recurve.Anybody have any experience with this bow?Have not heard much about their recurves,any opinions? Thanks Any pics??
Posts: 605 | From: australia | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danny Rowan
Contributor 2014
Member # 1321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny Rowan   Email Danny Rowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great bow, I have owned a couple. You cannot go wrong with any of Abe's bows, he is top notch.

--------------------
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993

Posts: 6927 | From: Guam | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HARL
Contributor 2014
Member # 689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HARL   Email HARL   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I owned one for a short time.The workmanship is second to no one.I just could'nt get use to the bulk of a recurve !!!
Posts: 1853 | From: Barrie Ont.Can. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manitoba Stickflinger
SPONSOR
Member # 18657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manitoba Stickflinger   Author's Homepage   Email Manitoba Stickflinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll be impressed with ANY of Abe's bows....guaranteed! My personal favorite is the Silver Fox.

--------------------
http://stickflingers.com/

Posts: 1665 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluemoonrising
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluemoonrising   Email bluemoonrising   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had one for about 5 yrs. It is a great bow with many super characteristics. Abe's work--especially his antler work--is really impressive. It is not the fastest 'curve on the market, but it gets the job done. Peace!
Posts: 217 | From: Temperance, Mi | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hybridbow hunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 22270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hybridbow hunter   Email hybridbow hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is a Peregrine TD

-

--------------------
La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile.

Posts: 316 | From: France | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elk nailer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elk nailer   Email elk nailer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shot mine better than any bow I have ever owned! Every one who sees me shot says it is very fast.
Posts: 166 | From: st. Joseph mi | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Clandinin
Contributor 2014
Member # 17084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Clandinin   Email Steve Clandinin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one and love it ,Abes Antler work is beautiful.

--------------------
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Posts: 2784 | From: Sask. Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YORNOC
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 20573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YORNOC   Email YORNOC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taiga is surprisingly quiet. Made me think of how quiet the Guthrie Appalations used to be. I like them, I own a second hand one and it is a bow to be compared to any.

--------------------
David M. Conroy

Posts: 2900 | From: Bellingham, Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
george vernon
Contributor 2014
Member # 7195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for george vernon   Email george vernon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own several bows from Abe including an outstanding Taiga. They are functional works of art. I got my first bow from Abe, a Featherhorn, about 10 years ago and have shot it a lot. Still looks and performs great. Most recent add is a Silver Fox. If anything the Cari-bows are getting better.

Abe Penner is a good guy to work with. An example. A number of years ago I took my son to Cloverdale. He was interested in upgrading from an entry level Martin. We stopped by Abe's booth. Abe and his wife remembered me from previous shoots (I think I had purchased my third Cari-bow at the time). He spent an hour, off and on talking to my son, having him try out a few bows, etc. Well, as luck would have it, Abe had a beautiful all bocote Silver Fox on display that fit my son well. I did not have the cash, or a check, and Abe didn't want to mess with credit cards. So he told my son just to take the bow with him and send a check when he got back home.

Posts: 123 | From: Indiana | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darren
Contributor 2014
Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darren   Author's Homepage   Email Darren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will not go wrong with the taiga. I have owned abe's bows since the early 90's, and pretty much owned every model of his bows at one time or another. Myself, I am not much of a recurve guy, but I love his longbows, and have been hunting with them for close to 20 years. My personal favorite is the "wolverine". Feather light to carry and fast arrow speed. My #2 wolverine should be ready any time soon !!!! Good luck with your choice.

Darren

--------------------
"Life is hard; it's harder if your stupid."

Posts: 337 | From: Lorette,Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5deer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5deer   Email 5deer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great bows and a great guy. [archer] 5

--------------------
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Posts: 800 | From: washington | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheepshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheepshooter   Email Sheepshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've owned one for 10 years and it's the only bow I've owned for 10 years. I love it! Taken lots of animals with it. Abe is second to none to deal with too.
Posts: 450 | From: Stony Plain, Alberta | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KEG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KEG   Email KEG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one that is a backup for my 1 piece. Nice shooting bow. As others have said, he does very good workmanship.
Posts: 174 | From: Escondido, California | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Chappell
Contributor 2014
Member # 11677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Chappell   Email Steve Chappell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My #1 go to and absolutely favorite bow is my Caribow Taiga I ordered mine back in 1997 with all the antler work and got it in 1998. I have owned and tried so many other bows but none come close to the fit, feel and shootability of Abe's bow. This is one bow I will never part with. Get a Caribow Taiga!

--------------------
Huntfun!
Compton Life member
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

Posts: 427 | From: Williamston, Michigan | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©