JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Surewood Shafts
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Daniel Binkley's Nephews
Ben, Dylan and Ryan!
Havin' Great Fun!

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Simmons Interceptor vs Simmons TreeShark (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Simmons Interceptor vs Simmons TreeShark
mike caruso
Member # 14611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike caruso   Email mike caruso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last year, the first time i used a simmons interceptor, i took 6 deer with one single interceptor. The blood trails were unbelieveable. I hunt very thick and brushy areas, i use a 60 lb longbow with 600+ gr. arrows. Has anybody ever used the tree shark and would be willing to compare their results as far as blood trail and penetration to the interceptor.
Posts: 15 | From: new york | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nc recurveman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nc recurveman   Email nc recurveman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if it ain't broke don't fix it.

--------------------
"You can't make chicken salad outta chicken sh.........Poo"

Posts: 656 | From: eastern nc | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greyfox54
Contributor 2014
Member # 6005

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greyfox54   Email Greyfox54   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried a lot of broadheads and stopped looking years ago when I tried the Interceptors . Can't be beat for most game anywhere . I have a lot of heads hanging that succombed to them .

--------------------
Greyfox54

Posts: 1474 | From: Central Jersey | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticbow
Contributor 2013
Member # 6587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticbow   Author's Homepage   Email sticbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the only thing i didn't use it on was my moose very good head..the reason most people don't shoot them is they don't take the time to learn to sharpen correctly..my friend thought i hit my deer with an axe.. [thumbsup]
Posts: 758 | From: winfield missouri | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LimBender
Contributor 2013
Member # 28435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LimBender   Email LimBender   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I went 6 for 6 last year I know what I'd be doing!

--------------------
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Posts: 1243 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doowop
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doowop   Email doowop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear that, I just bought 6 of them.
Posts: 513 | From: Belleville, IL | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missouri CK
Contributor 2014
Member # 675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Missouri CK   Email Missouri CK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Life ain't a dress rehearsal.

Posts: 1017 | From: Weston, MO | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt Quick
Contributor 2014
Member # 702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Quick   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Quick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The blood trails are awesome with the treeshark. I've been using them for years. I think you will be very pleased if you switch. Although it's hard to improve on 6 for 6.
Posts: 323 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Landshark160
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Landshark160   Email Landshark160   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've shot a bunch of critters with both heads. Great bloodtrails with both, but I tend to get consistently better blood with the Treeshark. Even when shooting the Interceptor with bleeders.

--------------------
Chris
>>>>--------------->

The benefits of a big broadhead are most evident when things go wrong. - CTS

Posts: 741 | From: Vidalia, GA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Interseptor
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Interseptor   Email Interseptor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this subject! 6 for 6 on the interceptors is hard to beet! I plan on using the treesharks for turkey next spring but will be sticking with the interceptors. The new interceptors seem to be easier to sharpen now that Dave has the company!
 -

--------------------
Palmetto Traditional Bowhunters
Carolina Traditional Archers

Posts: 719 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
Contributor 2014
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have killed about 20 critters with the TreeSharks , deer , hogs , bear , over the last year and havent lost anything yet.I like them very much they will turn a so so shot into a good one if something dont go just right.Its not the only head I use but I sure pull it out of the quiver first more and more.Anyway great heads,,,,,,Sam,,,,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 1255 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flingblade
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flingblade   Email Flingblade   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might check out the new 175 grain Tiger Sharks. They are a cross between the Interceptors and the Tree Sharks. I bought a pack of them and will be hunting with them this fall.
Posts: 569 | From: Grand Haven, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
Contributor 2014
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They will paint the ground red,,,,,,Sam,,,,,,,
 -

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 1255 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMB   Email AMB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Tigersharks are a cross between the Landshark and the interceptor, same width, different length.

I've killed a bunch of deer with the interceptors and landsharks and have no complaints. I just started using the Treesharks last year and laughed out loud when I got them in the mail, you just think an interceptor is big. They all fly like darts too! Simmons is good stuff!

Posts: 536 | From: Alabama | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMB
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMB   Email AMB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice hole Sam!
Posts: 536 | From: Alabama | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©