3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Woodie Love ... (click HERE for the slide show!) (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  40  41  42   
Author Topic: Woodie Love ... (click HERE for the slide show!)
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some really cool woodie images - might hafta do a slide show .... [Smile]

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Patriot Life ~ NRA RSO

Posts: 10045 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Huntingnut
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huntingnut   Email Huntingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some plain jane hunting arras I made for this season.Bloodied one of 'em this week in fact on a coon raiding my birdfeeder.
 -

-

-

Posts: 353 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blaino
2017 Contributor
Member # 7866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blaino   Email Blaino   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i havn't ever shot a wood arrow. i'm going to have to see what the fuss is all about. one thing is for sure, they are the best lookin!!

--------------------
"It's not the trophy ,but the race. It's not the quarry ,but the chase."

Posts: 1359 | From: West Columbia, SC | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteOaks
Contributor 2015
Member # 1791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteOaks   Email WhiteOaks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't touch some of the true artists here but I like to try.

-

-

-

--------------------
A world of opportunities awaits upwind but nothing waits downwind.

Posts: 718 | From: Savannah GA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SELFBOW19953
Contributor 2016
Member # 297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SELFBOW19953   Email SELFBOW19953   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lot of great looking arrows here, from the functional hunting arrow to the "just too purdy to shoot" arrow. Nothing against the manmade shafts, but it doesn't get any better than wood!!! You can stain 'em, paint 'em, put designs on 'em-making them truly as custom as you want.

--------------------
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow." Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Posts: 2505 | From: DELAWARE | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

-

Here are the one's I'm still breaking! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17129 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gator1
Contributor 2017
Member # 11196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gator1   Email Gator1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Mr. LaClair is quite the poet... Wonderful combos here... This is good timing, as Im getting ready to have Paul Jalong build me a dozen nock tapered cedars....

Keepem comin

Posts: 4810 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bentpole
Contributor 2014
Member # 6180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentpole   Email bentpole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing like the quiet sound of a wood arrow when you drop your string. [archer] I love'um Cedars, Sitka Spruce and my favorite Dougie Fir! [thumbsup] [archer2] [goldtooth]
Posts: 7480 | From: pequannock n.j. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Maher
Contributor 2017
Member # 5543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Maher   Email Ben Maher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awesome ! [clapper]

slide show ... ! [Smile]
slide show ... !! [Smile]
slide show ... !!! [Smile]

--------------------
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Posts: 2684 | From: australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnnyWayne
Contributor 2014
Member # 29314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnnyWayne   Email JohnnyWayne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool arrows fellas [Smile]

--------------------
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 1239 | From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOOD IS GOOD,smells right, silent when they are in a back quiver, smells good when you break them, WOOD IS GOOD! Oh yea....pretty also!

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15814 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bentpole:
Nothing like the quiet sound of a wood arrow when you drop your string. [archer] I love'um Cedars, Sitka Spruce and my favorite Dougie Fir! [thumbsup] [archer2] [goldtooth]

Haa Haa! Gives an all new concept of "Doin' the Dougie."

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7359 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some arrows for my nephews. 1/4" shafts.

They zip out of the Maddog Pup longbow.

-

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7359 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shedrock
Contributor 2013
Member # 14750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shedrock   Email Shedrock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Short and sweet, "Wood arrows rule!"

--------------------
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Posts: 2439 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray_G
Contributor 2012
Member # 15164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray_G   Email Ray_G   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chartreuse fletch is a tapered Hexshaft and orange is a barrel tapered Superceder

-

-

Some pine shafts (a dozen of each combo) that I built for a deserving buddy [thumbsup] [wavey]

-

-

Wood is good!

--------------------
Sunset Hill 64" 54# @ 26" "Destiny"

B.H.A.

Posts: 797 | From: Kimberly, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  40  41  42   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©