Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Taurus Bows
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Jay Sheffield

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Short billed Hats (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Short billed Hats
JSMOFFITT03
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 32673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JSMOFFITT03   Email JSMOFFITT03   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have a update on status of the short billed hat sale? Or seen the design/logo?

Opening day tommorow and just realized, I need a hat!!!!!!!

Posts: 268 | From: FLORIDA, USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friend
Contributor 2014
Member # 15967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend   Email Friend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can not provide you an pdate with regard to your question.

I do however have a viable option. Try a booney cap. I dampened the brim and rolled it down, slightly angled and let it set for a couple of hours. Since it works well with a hi anchor and a 62" bow, you should likely be in good shape.

Like mine so well that I plan on procuring the same type of booney in a different camo pattern.

--------------------
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Posts: 4808 | From: Hanson, KY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gufunk
Contributor 2014
Member # 27394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gufunk   Email Gufunk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Big Jim short bill hat that works great.

--------------------
Excel 21" w/Kaya Tomcats 40#
Excel 21" w/SF Axioms #35
Morrison Phoenix 19" w/ Max 1 #48
Toelke Lynx 66" LB 50#
Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. ~ Ben Franklin

Posts: 439 | From: Wenatchee WA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archie
Contributor 2014
Member # 13795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archie   Email Archie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's someone selling some on the big auction site. If no sponsors here have them, that's an option.

--------------------
"The problem with quotes and other information obtained on the internet is that it is difficult to determine whether that information is genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

66" Black Widow PLX 48# @ 31"
64" Black Widow PMA3 49#, 56#, & 68# @ 31"

Posts: 1412 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
americanhunter7
Contributor 2014
Member # 20678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for americanhunter7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are a few sponsors who carry short brim hats

http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/

http://brothersofthebow.com/

Hope this helps.

--------------------
John [campfire]

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1191 | From: Brownstown, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heavysquirrel
Member # 12802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heavysquirrel   Email Heavysquirrel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just bought 1 from that big aution site and the bills still 2 long.
told my wife I was goin to cut a notch in it and said "YOU REDNECK" I guess that is nuff said

--------------------
Archery Traditions Canebrake
62# @28
26" Draw
27.25" Gold Tip 5575
225gr head weight

Posts: 35 | From: Oakland , Tn | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jmatt1957
Contributor 2014
Member # 1383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jmatt1957   Email Jmatt1957   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check out brothers of the bow. They are a sponser here. the brim of the hat has a wire in it so you can bend it to fit your shooting style.
Posts: 765 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
owlbait
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for owlbait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chuck Deshler (TwoTracks) and South Cox (Stalker Custom Bows) have them also.

--------------------
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Posts: 6321 | From: Hesperia, Mi | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LC
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC   Email LC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good pair of tin snips will make any hat a "short" bill. Been doing it for years

--------------------
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Posts: 1024 | From: Morgantown, WV | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wary Buck
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wary Buck   Email Wary Buck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As does The Nocking Point in KS (a sponsor), with the wire brim, shortbill hat.

--------------------
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Posts: 732 | From: Fremont, Nebraska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dustin Waters
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dustin Waters   Email Dustin Waters   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i will be wearing a friends army watch cap. He will be deploying to Afghanistan in a couple of weeks, and I plan to wear this hat everyday of the entire hunting season and well into the turkey season. I hope to record all of the important dates on the bill of the hat then return it to its rightful owner on his safe return home.
Posts: 606 | From: Indiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
agross1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for agross1   Email agross1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got mine from Big Jim, just what I was looking for.

--------------------
Silvertip 60" 54#
64 Kodiak 60" 50#

Posts: 451 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shakes.602
Contributor 2014
Member # 4176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shakes.602   Email Shakes.602   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw in the "Sp........ Guide" they have 3 G.I. Shortbilled Caps for $9 or so. Just a Thought. [thumbsup] Not trying to "Advertise" either guys, just writing something I saw to answer the Question. Since I know these Folks arent Sponsors & All. [readit]

--------------------
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
LongBows Forever!!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow

Posts: 5463 | From: Crawfordsville, Indiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone Knife
Contributor 2014
Member # 10014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stone Knife   Email Stone Knife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stickbowman has a good one, stick and string hat. $20 has a wire in the bill so you can adjust it. But for cold weather I would check out the wool bomber hat from Gray wolf woolens. Both are sponsors on here.

--------------------
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Posts: 6634 | From: silversprings ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JSMOFFITT03
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 32673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JSMOFFITT03   Email JSMOFFITT03   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys..... I'll looking to those places as mentioned.....

Wanted to hold out for the tradgang hat.... Figured it wod be good to support the site

Posts: 268 | From: FLORIDA, USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©