JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Surewood Shafts
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Daniel Binkley's Nephews
Ben, Dylan and Ryan!
Havin' Great Fun!

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Bucket List Hunts (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Bucket List Hunts
agross1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for agross1   Email agross1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ttt

--------------------
Silvertip 60" 54#
64 Kodiak 60" 50#

Posts: 451 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpcjon2
Contributor 2012
Member # 21374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpcjon2   Email lpcjon2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any Elk hunt or bear hunt.

--------------------
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Posts: 8106 | From: NJ to GA back to NJ =Lost ;) | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Chatter Member 2014
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Javi, if I were you, I would start a new thread entitled, "How can I make this Happen?"

Your original text would then stand clear in its intent.
"I have two hunts left on my bucket list that think I'm in or can get into shape to make it doable.. One is one last Black Bear hunt and the other is a Moose hunt and I think the Moose should be the first I attempt as I'm not getting younger and tromping through swampy brush ain't for old folks.. I want to keep it in the lower 48 if possible because I want to drive from Texas and be able to bring back the meat.. I wouldn't mind a bull but I'd be happy with a cow as it is the wilderness experience as much as the meat I'm after with this hunt. I wouldn't have the antlers mounted anyway.. No place to hang them and limited funds so I rather spend the money on the hunt than on a trophy that would end up in a corner of the garage and sold or given away when I'm dead.. What say y'all... where should I start looking... this would be for the 2012 season.. "

Everybody saw "bucket list" and started fantasizing. BTW, I am rooting for you, and paying attention to the answers. Moose sounds mighty good to me! [thumbsup]
Killdeer [bigsmyl]

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15212 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gen273
Contributor 2014
Member # 24602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gen273   Email Gen273   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alaska is my dream hunt.

--------------------
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Posts: 3519 | From: KY | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David lozzano
Contributor 2014
Member # 22370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David lozzano   Email David lozzano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.Desert bighorn sheep in carmen island

--------------------
JK traditions Kanati 60" 53#@28
Morrison ILF 56" 48#@28
selway lil magnum 58" 49@27

Posts: 221 | From: Mexico | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Hansen
Contributor 2010
Member # 19254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Hansen   Email Jason Hansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me its the following...

1. Plains Bison in the Henry Mountains of Utah
2. Canadian Moose in British Columbia
3. Sitka Blacktail on Kodiak Island
4. Grizzly in British Columbia
5. Antelope in either Colorado, or Wyoming

--------------------
“That land is a community is the basic concept of ecology, but that land is to be loved and respected is an extension of ethics.”
― Aldo Leopold

Posts: 329 | From: Howell, Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZWarts
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 27292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZWarts   Email AZWarts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im really lucky on this being that I live in Arizona I can hunt trophy elk, two kinds of sheep, buffalo, mule deer, coues whitetail,proghorn, 3 types of turkeys, bear, lion, and javelina. I really would like to take a Caribou and a Moose though.
Posts: 144 | From: Arizona | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tracker1
Contributor 2014
Member # 27357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tracker1   Email tracker1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. New Zeland Red Stage
2. Elk
3. Moose
4. Cougar

So many hunts i want to go on so little time and money.

Posts: 2564 | From: michigan | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Birdbow
Contributor 2014
Member # 21586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Birdbow   Email Birdbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A combo hunt - Asiatic water buff & hogs in Australia!
Posts: 381 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MIKE WIRT
Member # 25081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MIKE WIRT   Email MIKE WIRT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plains game is Africa, Moose, Elk, Canada for Black Bear, bow fishing for Alligator and Alligator Gar.

--------------------
UBM MEMBER
COMPTON MEMBER

Posts: 21 | From: GRUBVILLE, MO | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©