Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Taurus Bows
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Jay Sheffield

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Great Northern Field Bow?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Great Northern Field Bow?
Gator1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gator1   Email Gator1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone has one or has shot one of these bows?

They look pretty interesting, and would like to see a pic or two if possible.

Posts: 4257 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hermon
Contributor 2014
Member # 26115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hermon   Email Hermon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"filed" bow? I don't follow.

edit

I am a little slow this morning, no coffee yet. You mean "field" bow. No I have not shot one.

Posts: 1784 | From: Spring Hill, Kansas | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fishone
Contributor 2014
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fishone   Email fishone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is asking about the Great Northern Field bow. I have a Critter Gitter and a Bushbow and they are excellent bows. I have heard good things about their Field bows and the price is right.
Posts: 1900 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lamey
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 21352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lamey   Author's Homepage   Email Lamey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should have one here in the next few days, or maybe next week depends on when my buddy ships it. Its going to be my sons Christmas gift, its #37@28 and my son pulls about 24. This one is a bit different as its under clear glass instead of the standard brown glass.

I would like to find one for myself in the upper range of what Jerry makes them (45). There was a 47 on his site a few months back, I should have bought it.

Posts: 2238 | From: Jasper, AL | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Three Finger
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Three Finger   Email Three Finger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking at this bow also. Do any of you know if it comes with the locator grip or only in the broom handle type.

--------------------
US Army AIRBORNE 95-98
Woodland Hunter 58"48#@28
Hoyt Dorado 55#@28

Posts: 666 | From: Bracey,VA | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shifting Shadow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shifting Shadow   Email Shifting Shadow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought a field bow a while back. I don't think it came with a broomstick handle. I think it was a slight locator style. It had 2 lams and shot OK. I have now come to the conclusion that I like recurves better.

--------------------
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Posts: 781 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
non-typical
Contributor 2014
Member # 160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for non-typical   Email non-typical   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one. Fun to shoot, very forgiving. For the money you can't hardly beat it.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1156 | From: New Franklin, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCJ
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JCJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just purchased a 43# Field Bow. It is a lot of bow for the money.
Posts: 1079 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T-Bowhunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T-Bowhunter   Email T-Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I purchased a GN Field Bow 42# @28" two years ago for my son, they are great bows for the money.

--------------------
William

Big Jim Thunder Child 56" 50@ 28"
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida

Posts: 1405 | From: Ocala, Florida | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©