Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
St Joe River Bows
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

A Blast from the Past!
Staci Sanpei

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » what do you think of wes wallace bows? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: what do you think of wes wallace bows?
ron w
Contributor 2014
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had one of his longbows....excellent, I had to drop down in poundage or I would still have it. It was 66" 60# @ 28" and sent 600 gr woodies down range like rockets!! Great workmanship also!!

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 11572 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucas K
Contributor 2012
Member # 13615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucas K   Email Lucas K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have four of his Mentor recurves, the oldest one is about 15 I think; It still shoots great. Wes makes a solid, dependable, great-looking bow at a reasonable price. I would recomend his bows to anyone.

--------------------
Lucas Kent

Posts: 543 | From: Kansas City, MO | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bentpole
Contributor 2014
Member # 6180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentpole   Email bentpole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice and they shoot great too!
Posts: 7286 | From: pequannock n.j. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stump_pounder
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stump_pounder   Email Stump_pounder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bayhunter:
quote:
Originally posted by landman:
I have a Partner with two sets of limbs and a Mentor one piece. Love them and I've killed a whale of a lot of venison with them. Easy to shoot, very quiet and forgiving and they're not the least bit picky about what they're shooting.

Wes has been around a long time and I rank his bows as the best you'll ever own.

Landman id love to see some pictures of your partner, thats the model im looking into buying [archer]
All the recurves shootIE perform the same the mentor is the prettiest and then the stealth and then the partner. I have a partner coming int a graybark type laminent with antler tips.

--------------------
Wes wallace recurve 58#@29
Bear Kodiak static recurve 70#@28
PBS member

Posts: 136 | From: OR | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ric O'Shay
Contributor 2014
Member # 1892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ric O'Shay   Email Ric O'Shay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I traded for a Royal a couple months ago. Listed it for sale before I really had a chance to shoot it very much. Had some tire kickers that acted like they were interested but it didn't sell. I shot it regularly for a couple days and took it off the classifieds. I think it has found a home with me.

-
 -

Danny

--------------------
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 2727 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmilinovich
Member # 16481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mmilinovich   Email mmilinovich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wes Wallace is a first-rate bowyer . . . in EVERY respect.

A Wes Wallace Mentor was my first bow when I got into archery six years ago.

I ordered too much bow. Wes took back the limbs and made me some lighter ones, in two weeks and at no charge. It doesn't get better than that.

The Mentor was very pretty, stable, and smooth. That said, if SPEED is your issue, you may want to look elsewhere. It chronoed much slower than the several bows I've had since.

Mark

Posts: 48 | From: South Milwaukee, WI | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bartholomew
Contributor 2014
Member # 4064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Bartholomew   Author's Homepage   Email David Bartholomew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picking a bow and bowyer is and will remain subjective in nature, but... I have not one problem recommending the bow maker... Wes Wallace.

I presently own two Mentors, a one piece and a 3 piece.

David

--------------------
WTCS(SW/DV) USN Retired

Posts: 1505 | From: Middlesex County, Virginia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bayhunter
CADET MEMBER
Member # 34419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayhunter   Email bayhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lets see some more pics!!! thanks for all the feedback guys [archer]
Posts: 299 | From: CA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ragnarok Forge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ragnarok Forge   Email Ragnarok Forge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heres some eye candy for you.

-

--------------------
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone. It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Posts: 3246 | From: Vancouver, WA. | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ragnarok Forge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ragnarok Forge   Email Ragnarok Forge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are the wifes Royals.
 -

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone. It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Posts: 3246 | From: Vancouver, WA. | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amar911
Contributor 2013
Member # 15808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amar911   Email amar911   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outstanding bows by a bowyer who learned the trade from Jim Brackenbury and went on to produce bows for decades after Jim's death. I have owned a Mentor which is very close to the bows that Wes built when working for Brackenbury Bows. All the Bracks shoot well, and so do the Wes Wallace bows.

Allan

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 3231 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hatrick
Contributor 2014
Member # 2066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hatrick   Email Hatrick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Mentor due here before long. Hopefully by Christmas. I'll post some pictures once it arrives.

--------------------
The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Posts: 1346 | From: Maryland | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Turner
Contributor 2014
Member # 2264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Turner   Email Bill Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I'm not mistaken "Ric O'Shay"(Danny Long) has a beautiful Wallace "Royal" for sale. You might contact him about performance and availability. He can't make up up his mind to sell it or not. It is a good one. Good luck.
Posts: 3305 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©