Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Trad Bowhunting & Wilderness Podcast
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Brian Kelly

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » The 'SOLANA GAMES' have begun!!! (Page 30)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: The 'SOLANA GAMES' have begun!!!
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome Izzy, congrats again my PR brutha!

We ran into Gregg, Robert ,and John while going to set the pop-up blind trap. He filled us in on his "deer fight" in the water!!!
•  -

That afternoon found me in a tripod that I've killed hogs out of on my last two trips to Solana. Last year I pulled a double just like Izzy and missed out on the triple. But the wind wasn't my friend on this evening. I saw plenty of deer, but nothing close...
•  -

Next morning I was in another tri-pod Michael had hunted our first evening. He had some close encounters too. Again, although I saw plenty of deer, nothing came close despite a good wind. This was playing out time and time again, these deer just weren't interested in corn as much as usual this time of year. All the new "greenery" had them foraging just about anywhere. The views...
•  -
•  -

As I sat there watching intently for deer I got a buzz in my pocket. It was a text from Rob....
"buck down...spined!"
•  -

As David likes to say..."insert guide"...
•  -

Rob and Terry...
•  -

Wasn't soon after my phone buzzed again...

This one from Michael(sunnyhillarcher)...Something to the effect of..."Rob and I did our part, now how about the rest of you slack-a$$e$"...Michael had shot a deer as well...I have pix but will wait for Michael to tell his story.....

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17113 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pitbull
Contributor 2014
Member # 18540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pitbull   Email pitbull   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just when you think it can't get better! [clapper] [clapper]
Posts: 1264 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Ranger
Contributor 2014
Member # 27999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Ranger   Email Lone Ranger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
every year this thread takes tooooo loooong! lol

--------------------
Profanity Makes Ignorance Audible

Posts: 525 | From: Florida (Williston) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Over&Under
Contributor 2014
Member # 8273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Over&Under   Email Over&Under   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GRINCH:
Nice shooting Izzy,I would have loved to watch the whole thing go down.

A huge ditto on that!

--------------------
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss" [Smile]

Posts: 6670 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wile E. Coyote
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wile E. Coyote   Email Wile E. Coyote   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A big Congrats to all the Killers! Especially you Carlton. After riding in the truck with you for 2 years and hearing all of your close calls I,m glad it finally all came together for ya. Just wish I would have been there to celebrate your first!

--------------------
Wayne LaBauve

"Learn to wish that everything should come to pass exactly as it does."

Posts: 576 | From: Pearl River LA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Night Wing
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Night Wing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great, great Solana topic as usual. I always enjoy reading all the comments and looking at the various photos.

--------------------
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Posts: 3131 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3Under
Contributor 2007
Member # 1713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3Under   Email 3Under   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished all 30 pages- enjoyed it a bunch, congrates to all, great photos and & stories. Congrate to Rob D. on his buck w/Sparrowhawk!
Posts: 605 | From: Central Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Iz.....those were the ones I was hollering about....I love em!!!

BTW...here's yet another example of a tuff shielded SOUTHERN hog that some folks claim there's no such thing. This one was just like the one I put on the shot placement thread.....knocked on him and you would have thought it was the front door to the ranch headquarters.

Can ya say STOKED!!!...well, that's what I was several times during this hunt.

We'll, I was just glad to be there for these experiences....

Gregg Dudley was SO PUMPED to get back he was about to jump out of his skin. To see him get that buck was a true highlight...and the pics do not do it justice,....I can't find a pic that shows the true width. Congrats yet again Gregg, and thanks for sharing your excitement.....

Rob....what can I say...Yep, I was there after a 40 hiatus ....After he text me the same 'spine' message....he then texted me 'should I field dress him?"....I said 'NO....Re-Load'!!! Like I said earlier....he's a great buck and was tickled to death for him.

And I always LOVE a good hog story...especially when they are large ones, they are a challenge not only to get on, but to get into far enough. Love to see folks use a bit heavier arrow just for this reason. A true testimony for a sharp head(in this case wide and double bevel) and a heavy total weight arrow(no 'extreme/ultra' acronym needed)....just a SMART common sense set up ....and all from a 47# bow. Got through not only that shield....but that caked mud that is so obvious in most of the pics on that 200#er.

And Carlton.....3rd time is the charm my man.....you sure were 'lite up' that night over your 1st trad kill and rightfully so....that was cool.

I have a bit of a story also, one that is very special more so to me than anyone else, yet Curt Cabrera understands....I hope to tell it tonight if I can get some pics in here, and see if Curt wants to run his parallel to mine, they are both very similar.

--------------------
Mr Terry.....will you turn on the crickets for me - Cade Cabrera

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 26277 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharptop
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharptop   Email Sharptop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's another shot of Greg's buck...
 -

Here's ol Nacho in training...
 -
And $400 worth of processed deer and hog (2 doe, three hog. Thanks to Terry and Izzy)
 -

Posts: 266 | From: Canton, GA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hayslope
Contributor 2014
Member # 10458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hayslope   Email hayslope   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sharptop:
Here is a sensitive man shot with a dog and a mess of hogs....

-

Great shot and title!!!!

Congrats Izzy!! Bro'...you made us all proud!! You are officially a
'hog killin machine"!

Congrats to the rest of the Solana Gang.....and I'm patiently waiting for the rest of the stories and photos.......and, oh yea, there's a Charlie Lamb story in here somewhere......!!!!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Posts: 1897 | From: Westchester County, NY | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Izzy
Contributor 2013
Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzy   Email Izzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carlton, when the cookout? I'm coming down. Line us up some more hogs killa!!! Great pics and story fellas. Waiting on your details Carlton.
Posts: 7309 | From: latham, new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FerretWYO
Admin
Member # 13052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FerretWYO   Email FerretWYO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats an aweful lot of fine eatin you got there Carlton.

You will be eating high on the HOG for a while.

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow

Posts: 5709 | From: Cheyenne Wy | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Izzy
Contributor 2013
Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzy   Email Izzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carlton, when the cookout? I'm coming down. Line us up some more hogs killa!!! Great pics and story fellas. Waiting on your details Carlton.
Posts: 7309 | From: latham, new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaterHill Archer
Contributor 2015
Member # 6687

Icon 10 posted      Profile for TaterHill Archer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gregg told me I would be reliving my miss over and over and was he ever right. I can't get it out of my head. Here's a picture showing the scene of the crime. I had to shoot around those limbs and my camera phone didn't pick up a good shot of the other small limb in the way. The buck was standing to the left of the feeder.

-

I want a do over. [banghead]

--------------------
Jeff

"The expert at anything was once a beginner."

Posts: 1062 | From: Arkansas - living in Texas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kip
CORPORATE SPONSOR 2014
Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kip   Email Kip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff you will get over the misses after a while.It is the few(thank God) times I hit and not recover.They stay with me for years it seems like.Congrats to everyone for a great hunt.Kip
Posts: 2198 | From: Ville Platte Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©