3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » 2013 Hill Gang Hog Hunt (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 88 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  86  87  88   
Author Topic: 2013 Hill Gang Hog Hunt
tradlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradlongbow   Email tradlongbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that several guys pm'd me offerin to cook and bring stuff, however, what do you think about having a meal truck come up or a local restaurant that can make some box meals and bring them up.

Darren

--------------------
Darren

tradlongbow@yahoo.com

"Archery may not be the sport of all Kings, but Archery is the King of Sports"
Howard Hill

SunSet Hill, stringfollow, 66" 53@27.5",

Posts: 1270 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradlongbow   Email tradlongbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by looper:
I can't commit at the moment. I'll have to see how this next week goes. I'm taking off tomorrow and Saturday to go hog hunting in lower SC. If I can make it, would it be alright if I was only able to give a day's notice? I usually just sleep in my vehicle and fend for myself food-wise.

Cheney-

your added to the list, make it happen.

Darren

--------------------
Darren

tradlongbow@yahoo.com

Howard Hill

Posts: 1270 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rossco7002
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rossco7002   Email Rossco7002   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be up for a combo of camp food and delivered stuff if the price/quality was right Darren.

--------------------
HHA Half Breed 52@28
David Miller 'Old Tom' - coming soon
John Schulz American Longbow 65@28
David Miller 'The Expedition' 55@26

Posts: 848 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1620

That's what I was thinking, on Saturday have lunch and dinner delivered.

Darren

--------------------
Darren

tradlongbow@yahoo.com

Howard Hill

tadpole
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tadpole   Email tadpole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darren, it's early yet and things can change, but I would like to be in on the hunt. Please count me in as of now.
Thanks,
Tom

Posts: 221 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rossco7002
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rossco7002   Email Rossco7002   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is takin' hold! Gonna be my first travelling trad bowhunt - looks like I picked a good one.

--------------------
HHA Half Breed 52@28
David Miller 'Old Tom' - coming soon
John Schulz American Longbow 65@28
David Miller 'The Expedition' 55@26

Posts: 848 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GRS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GRS   Email GRS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that several guys pm'd me offerin to cook and bring stuff, however, what do you think about having a meal truck come up or a local restaurant that can make some box meals and bring them up.

Darren

Either that or as stated a combination of cook and delivery should work very well.

Gerald

Posts: 158 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stabow
Contributor 2014
Member # 6065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stabow   Email stabow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can count me in anyone else from Alabama going if so we might share a ride. Which WMA will it be at?.....stabow

--------------------
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Posts: 1994 | From: Alabama | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC
Charter Member
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC   Email RC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would`nt bank on having lunch delivered. I can tell you fellers live in town.20 miles from town to most wma`s and then 10 miles of dirt road to camp. This aint Atlanta..lol.RC
Posts: 4948 | From: Baxley,Ga | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mudd
2017 Contributor
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mudd   Author's Homepage   Email Mudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Half the fun is sitting around the campfire eating what you can scavenge up...lol

And swapping yarns!

God bless,Mudd

--------------------
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Posts: 12024 | From: Ashland,Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awbowman
Contributor 2013
Member # 24545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for awbowman   Email awbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RC:
I would`nt bank on having lunch delivered. I can tell you fellers live in town.20 miles from town to most wma`s and then 10 miles of dirt road to camp. This aint Atlanta..lol.RC

That's funny RC. Don't have a Hill type (although I do have a longbow), but I can cook up some pretty good cajun meals and may show up just to chat and see new country.

2013 A LONG WAY OFF THOUGH

--------------------
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Posts: 4186 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looper
Contributor 2017
Member # 10521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looper   Email Looper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RC, I was going to post the same thing.
Posts: 1655 | From: Dacusville, SC | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gringol:
Actually, my bow may not be a Hill style, strictly speaking. It looks just like a Hill bow strung, but has some mild R/D when unstrung. If that is good enough, I may have to start parcticing, if not I wish you all good luck.

Darren, will you be at the state shoot in March?

in the spirit of this hunt/rendezvous, darren has specified "hill style", which means a longbow of any bowyer parentage who's unbraced limbs are either dead straight, or have a bit of tip reflex, or string follow.

it appears the shaft material and quiver type are of yer optional choice. [Wink]

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Patriot Life ~ NRA RSO

Posts: 10070 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Maher
Contributor 2017
Member # 5543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Maher   Email Ben Maher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmmmm

... its a long long ways for an Aussie to come just to hunt hogs ... Coz , we have a couple of our own ... [saywhat]

But I dunno guys ... travelling thousands of miles just share a camp with you bums ... just to fling arrows from Hill style bows and talk all things Hill style and chase hogs just because we all shoot the same style bow ???

... whadddya ya expect me to say ????

Of course Im gonna do my best to get there !!!!!

Sounds awesome [clapper] [clapper] [clapper]

--------------------
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Posts: 2691 | From: australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GRS
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GRS   Email GRS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What were we thinking? With RC there hunting, all we need to do is bring bread to make pork sandwiches with!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] I can't wait for this. Had to go out for some Hill style practice earlier. I had been trying to decide what kind of target to buy next. Now I know.
[goldtooth]
Gerald

Posts: 158 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 88 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  86  87  88   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©