3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » 2013 Hill Gang Hog Hunt (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 88 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  86  87  88   
Author Topic: 2013 Hill Gang Hog Hunt
WESTBROOK
Contributor 2018
Member # 8854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WESTBROOK   Email WESTBROOK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
... its a long long ways for an Aussie to come just to hunt hogs ... Coz , we have a couple of our own ...

But I dunno guys ... travelling thousands of miles just share a camp with you bums ... just to fling arrows from Hill style bows and talk all things Hill style and chase hogs just because we all shoot the same style bow ???

... whadddya ya expect me to say ????

Of course Im gonna do my best to get there !!!!!

Mr. Maher, that would be absolutely outstanding!!
Hope you can make it work. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Eric

Posts: 3667 | From: Manton Michigan | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisM
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisM   Email ChrisM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh danget just go ahead and count me in already asked off from work.

--------------------
Gods greatest command: Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Posts: 1127 | From: Broaddus Texas | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EastTexasRedneck
Contributor 2012
Member # 35059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EastTexasRedneck   Email EastTexasRedneck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They better have a big campground! Looks like the pigs are gonna be in serious trouble. Looks like a slew of guys will be there. ChrisM and Dragonheart, we need to get aquainted. If you guys could stand me for that long, we could ride together and share expenses. Philip
Posts: 74 | From: TX | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stik&string
Contributor 2018
Member # 18418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stik&string     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, this thing is taking off. It's going to be a long year!
Posts: 952 | From: WI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Maher
Contributor 2017
Member # 5543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Maher   Email Ben Maher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
people who use bow quivers on this trip should have to do the dishes .......
[goldtooth]

--------------------
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Posts: 2691 | From: australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradlongbow   Email tradlongbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ben Maher:
people who use bow quivers on this trip should have to do the dishes .......
[goldtooth]

Ben-

I like to use the a sidequiver sometimes

Darren

--------------------
Darren

tradlongbow@yahoo.com

"Archery may not be the sport of all Kings, but Archery is the King of Sports"
Howard Hill

SunSet Hill, stringfollow, 66" 53@27.5",

Posts: 1270 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradlongbow   Email tradlongbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that I've added evryone's name to the list on the 1st post. If your name's not there send me a pm.

Darren

--------------------
Darren

tradlongbow@yahoo.com

Howard Hill

Posts: 1270 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Maher
Contributor 2017
Member # 5543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Maher   Email Ben Maher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darren ... I use side quivers , bow quivers , arrowmasters and back quivers ... its all good !!!

I just hate the dishes !!!

Great job getting it rolling mate !

--------------------
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Posts: 2691 | From: australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1620

quote:
Originally posted by RC:
I can tell you fellers live in town.This aint Atlanta..lol.RC

RC-

Now, that's funny [biglaugh]

I was thinking we could help the local economy by having someone bring up some boxed dinners.

Do you think the best thing is to have someone locally buy the food and we cook it up.

Darren

--------------------
Darren

tradlongbow@yahoo.com

Howard Hill

tradlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1620

quote:
Originally posted by EastTexasRedneck:
They better have a big campground! Philip

Phillip-

I called Ga Fish and Game, they told me there's lot's of camping space.

Darren

--------------------
Darren

tradlongbow@yahoo.com

Howard Hill

RC
Charter Member
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC   Email RC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A bunch of us Ga. Tradhunters camp and hunt several times a year. Eating usually ain`t a big thing and we don`t go hungry. Making a list of needed things and a trip or two to the local grocery store will work.
I feel I want to say this one more time. This is Darrens hunt and a fine adventure it will be no doubt. I do know a lot of the South Ga. WMA`s good and was asked advice about which one.Truth is they all have hogs. Some more some less. All beautiful country to roam in and plenty of it. Nice primitive campgrounds as well with good access.You Guys have decided on dates in Febuary. Pigs can be killed then but it is the toughest pig hunting of the year.Just want that out in front. Some WMA`s go from feast to famine in 3 months time and back again so I would recommend to not pick which one till a month or so before the hunt. The good ones are all fairly close together so its not that big a deal.
I really look forward to meeting you fellers and just want you to remember this is public land not Solona your gonna be hunting. Game rich and beautiful? YES...Pigs a pushover? NO .A great place for a Hill Bow gathering? No doubt.RC

Posts: 4948 | From: Baxley,Ga | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Powell
Contributor 2014
Member # 3461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Powell   Email Jon Powell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you still have room, add me to the list please. Sounds like too much fun to miss. [smileystooges]

--------------------
"While beauty blooms on every side, mercy is unknown and death never sleeps in the wilds." Howard Hill

"The first thing is to overcome fear. When that is accomplished everything takes care of itself." Jeff Cooper

Posts: 242 | From: Missouri | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just dandy!!
I will be there or die tryin!
Looks like Eric is comin...and perhaps others from Michigan.

Posts: 2467 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looper
Contributor 2017
Member # 10521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looper   Email Looper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can bring a huge cast iron pot and cook up 20 gallons of pinto beans. I make some killer cornbread, too. We can recreate that scene in Blazing Saddles for some after dinner entertainment.
Posts: 1655 | From: Dacusville, SC | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it too late to jump in?

I'll have three Hill style bows to shoot by then [Smile]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7500 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 88 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  86  87  88   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©