3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » 2013 Hill Gang Hog Hunt (Page 86)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 88 pages: 1  2  3  ...  83  84  85  86  87  88   
Author Topic: 2013 Hill Gang Hog Hunt
Rossco7002
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rossco7002   Email Rossco7002   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Dave! Much deserved after s e hard hunting, great experience!

I envy you the time you had down there, it was a great place to visit and hunt for those of us habituated to the more northern climes.

--------------------
HHA Half Breed 52@28
David Miller 'Old Tom' - coming soon
John Schulz American Longbow 65@28
David Miller 'The Expedition' 55@26

Posts: 848 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Knawbone
Contributor 2015
Member # 29397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Knawbone   Email Knawbone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks RC, I had a great mentor

Thank you too Ross, My motivation came not only from my love for hunting, but that of my fellow Ocmulgeans.It really wouldn't have been nearly as enjoyable without each and every one of you. You Sir, and all who attended, is what made it a true vacation.

--------------------
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Posts: 2373 | From: Painted Post , NY | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John146
SPONSOR
Member # 26049

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John146   Email John146   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing your story!!! Getting that close on the ground is a rush!

--------------------
Todd Trahan
All of Creation Gives God Glory!

Posts: 1127 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lt-m-grow
Contributor 2015
Member # 3873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lt-m-grow   Email lt-m-grow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Story Knawbone. Thanks.
Posts: 1219 | From: Mount Horeb, WI | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradlongbow   Email tradlongbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave-

That was awesome story! I hunted those woods behind that high grassy pasture the first day. That's where I came across three deer while walking across the ravine that goes towards the railroad tracks.

--------------------
Darren

tradlongbow@yahoo.com

"Archery may not be the sport of all Kings, but Archery is the King of Sports"
Howard Hill

SunSet Hill, stringfollow, 66" 53@27.5",

Posts: 1270 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone Knife
Contributor 2015
Member # 10014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stone Knife   Email Stone Knife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent David [thumbsup]

--------------------
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Posts: 6960 | From: silversprings ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tarponnut
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tarponnut   Email tarponnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story, that could be a chapter in a good book.
Posts: 2474 | From: FL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticksnstones
Contributor 2018
Member # 24842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticksnstones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave you a one heck of a story teller! Thanks for taking the time to write that out for us, reading it was a real pleasure!

I'm sorry you didn't get a pig, but I'm glad you spared the little footballs and their momma. That'll make 5 or 6 more pigs for us to hunt next time!
Thom

Posts: 1515 | From: Grand Haven, Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Knawbone
Contributor 2015
Member # 29397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Knawbone   Email Knawbone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I enjoyed writing it.

Thanks again Thom , We now have a nice group picture as a momentum, thanks to your forethought.

--------------------
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29

Posts: 2373 | From: Painted Post , NY | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Contributor 2016
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been real busy with work and family, but have a couple of pics to download.

I have got to start by saying thank you to the person who dreamt up this hunt, as it came to be in a time when I sorely needed a getaway. Darren, I rate this as a complete success.

Secondly, thank you to Canopyboy. Without the aid of a second wheelman, it would have taken me two days to get there and two days back. As there was a mail count going on at the time, that would have been too much time to leave my route to the not-so-tender mercies of my substitutes, and too much annual leave to subtract from my annual deer camp.

Your taking on over fifty percent of the driving and use of your vehicle adds up to a debt I owe you. You are also pretty handy around camp, though I thought that skimpiness with water was a bit unnecessary in these circumstances.

More later, I need to deal with Dad's plumbing because he got a little snarky with the one he called. Old folks, be patient, young folks, do the same. I really could have used the day off!

Killdeer [knothead]

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15441 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonheart
Contributor 2018
Member # 1953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragonheart   Author's Homepage   Email dragonheart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Darren in the mist.

-

Sign letting you know where not to hunt!
 -

--------------------
Longbows & Short Shots

Posts: 4321 | From: Nacogdoches, Texas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonheart
Contributor 2018
Member # 1953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragonheart   Author's Homepage   Email dragonheart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Between the trees
 -

Longbowman ChrisM and Rossco
 -

--------------------
Longbows & Short Shots

Posts: 4321 | From: Nacogdoches, Texas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonheart
Contributor 2018
Member # 1953

Jesus and Hill bows

-

Moleman pondering the days hunt

-

--------------------
Longbows & Short Shots

dragonheart
Contributor 2018
Member # 1953

Icon 14 posted      Profile for dragonheart   Author's Homepage   Email dragonheart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hill gang hunt was great to meet everyone!

--------------------
Longbows & Short Shots

Knawbone
Contributor 2015
Member # 29397

Great pics Jeff, Thanks for sharing them on the thread. Iv' got some to add when i figure out how. [knothead] [banghead]

--------------------
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29

This topic comprises 88 pages: 1  2  3  ...  83  84  85  86  87  88   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©