3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » 2013 Hill Gang Hog Hunt (Page 87)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 88 pages: 1  2  3  ...  84  85  86  87  88   
Author Topic: 2013 Hill Gang Hog Hunt
ChrisM
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisM   Email ChrisM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff Show everyone what you looked like when we arrived on thursday morning [Wink]

--------------------
Gods greatest command: Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Posts: 1127 | From: Broaddus Texas | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonheart
Contributor 2018
Member # 1953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragonheart   Author's Homepage   Email dragonheart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay Chris

-

And the driver upon arrival

-

--------------------
Longbows & Short Shots

Posts: 4321 | From: Nacogdoches, Texas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa! What were you on, Jeff? That looks rough!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11922 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisM
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisM   Email ChrisM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were on no sleep for well over 24 hrs and a 13hr drive after a full days work. Being a cattle farmer used to transporting cattle at night during Texas summers I think I faired way better than old Jeff.

--------------------

Posts: 1127 | From: Broaddus Texas | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonheart
Contributor 2018
Member # 1953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragonheart   Author's Homepage   Email dragonheart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
12 hours driving, not enough coffee, toothache, and sinus infection. I was struggling a bit at that point.

--------------------
Longbows & Short Shots

Posts: 4321 | From: Nacogdoches, Texas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rossco7002
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rossco7002   Email Rossco7002   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome pics though Jeff! ;-)

--------------------
HHA Half Breed 52@28
David Miller 'Old Tom' - coming soon
John Schulz American Longbow 65@28
David Miller 'The Expedition' 55@26

Posts: 848 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonheart
Contributor 2018
Member # 1953

Thanks Ross. You guys were a blast to hunt with.

--------------------
Longbows & Short Shots

dragonheart
Contributor 2018
Member # 1953

Arrowhunting

-

--------------------
Longbows & Short Shots

Killdeer
Contributor 2016
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave and I both had new tents, never before set up. I think his came in a Pringles can. He threw it in the air and it automatically set itself up while my back was turned. I had just laid out the ground cloth for mine when he was thumping in the last of his pegs.

-

While searching for the directions for mine (what is this foot-long piece of Autumn Orange 4316 for?) I found an anthill the size of Manhattan near my foundation. I retreated and threw my tent up by instinct, and pulled out the stakes from their bag, where I found the instructions.

-

-

-

By this time, Dave was swilling a brew and laughing at the floor show. Thankfully, it wasn't raining yet. I think I was swearing at the vestibule, which took it in stoic disdain, while the second Pringles can was opened and the Kelty sunshade was flung up. After the rain started, the fly was added.

-

Across the pine-needle carpeted sward, guys were shooting, hunting arrows and having fun. I continued my efforts, until I had shelter, light, and a comfortable bed. It got dark, the rain came, and Dave's little Weber became a mainstay in this little camp. It was a portable fire pit, and served us well.

-

Killdeer

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15441 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Knawbone
Contributor 2015
Member # 29397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Knawbone   Email Knawbone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I think I finally figured out how to post pics from my little lap top. This was camp Knawbone with the pond in background.

--------------------
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Posts: 2373 | From: Painted Post , NY | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisM
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15562

Knawbone I loved your set up. That was a pretty comfy campsite.

--------------------

Knawbone
Contributor 2015
Member # 29397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Knawbone   Email Knawbone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Chris, it served me well. Now if I can figure out how I got that pic on here, I'll post some more.

--------------------
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29

Posts: 2373 | From: Painted Post , NY | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Knawbone
Contributor 2015
Member # 29397

-

I actually did make a kill at Ocmulgee from about 6 yds.

--------------------
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29

Knawbone
Contributor 2015
Member # 29397

[URL=http://images.imagelinky.com/1364600856.JPG]  - [/URL

Darren and RC going over the wma maps

--------------------
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29

Knawbone
Contributor 2015
Member # 29397

-

Paul and Damon at camp Moleman ( Moleman and nomad88 }

--------------------
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29

This topic comprises 88 pages: 1  2  3  ...  84  85  86  87  88   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©