Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Robertson Stykbow
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Mark Pitts

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION LISTING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Longbow Quiver ? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Longbow Quiver ?
LONGSTYKES
Contributor 2014
Member # 25518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LONGSTYKES   Email LONGSTYKES   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big Jim is the one that I use the most. I also have the GN strap on.

--------------------
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 2309 | From: Big Timber, Montana | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lamey
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 21352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lamey   Author's Homepage   Email Lamey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like the "NEW" Selway strap on system. I like the nice deep hood with "cup" protection, the fact that you can easily angle the hood/gripper to line up properly. The double prongs for the straps are real nice too, very secure.

Not the "fanciest" out there, but definitely worth a look.

Posts: 2238 | From: Jasper, AL | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOHO   Email BOHO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks so much for all the replies guys. it looks like the vast majority uses a bow quiver. I wonder if its to add weight for a more stable bow or just easy access to arrows. Maybe both. I have a back quiver I got a couple weeks back just for when I go noodling and such but havent really considered it for hunting. Guess I'll take it on my shed hunting outings and see how it works. Once again, Thanks so much to all for the replies and help. Tom

--------------------
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Tom

Posts: 2160 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcp161
Contributor 2014
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcp161   Email jcp161   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try a side quiver. I use a Stalker model I bought here and like it alot. I used a back quiver at times until I slipped going down a hill and landed on my back. There were only field points and blunts in it at the time but I didn't like the idea of it happening if there had been broadheads in the quiver. I can hold the side qiver close or in front when going down a hill and move it out of the way when it's time to shoot. Easier to draw from than a back quiver as well. Just my opinion.

--------------------
"In bow hunting, the goal is not marksmanship but shooting well. And shooting well, after all, is merely a matter of only taking shots you can make."-Hunting from Home-Christopher Camuto

Posts: 426 | From: Brecksville, Ohio | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shortlongbow
Contributor 2014
Member # 35114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shortlongbow   Email Shortlongbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used a back quiver for years but have been thinking about trying a bow quiver. The Kanati slim Jim looks pretty neat. Anyone tried it out?

--------------------
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ The Lord. St.Luke 2:11

Ask me about the Professional Bowhunters Society.
Bobby Parrott

Posts: 474 | From: TN | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOHO   Email BOHO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also looks like a couple of the models suggested use velcro to strap on to the bow. Seems like that would be noisy. I hate velcro !!

--------------------

Tom

Posts: 2160 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
58WINTERS
Contributor 2014
Member # 7719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 58WINTERS   Email 58WINTERS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shot with a friend last weekend who had a Thunderhorn Linx bow quiver on his Liberty Edge hybrid longbow. 6 arrow capacity looked good and seemed to work very very well. 1 piece easy on/off.
Posts: 488 | From: BEND, OR | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
Contributor 2014
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch the classifieds and you'll find a deal on something you can use. I just picked up a Selway strap on for half price.....seems to work pretty good!

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 11027 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Ive checked fleabay and other places for a quiver. Not looking real hard just yet as I wanna see how the bow shoots without a quiver first. It will be here Monday. [Smile]

--------------------

Tom

cobullelk
Contributor 2014
Member # 12151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobullelk   Email cobullelk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer a bow quiver for hunting. I have three longbows and two have Thunderhorn Small Fry's and the third has an EFA. I like both of these quivers.
Posts: 43 | From: Centennial, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MOFISH
Contributor 2014
Member # 25934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MOFISH   Email MOFISH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another vote for Kanati Pro. One of the best.
Posts: 170 | From: Columbia, MO | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

thx so much for all the replies guys. a few keep coming up over and over. kind of surprised that the selway hasnt been mentioned more

--------------------

Tom

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©