Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Trad Bowhunting & Wilderness Podcast
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Brian Kelly

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Simmons TreeSharks for turkeys???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Simmons TreeSharks for turkeys???
huntsmanlance
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1928

Icon 5 posted      Profile for huntsmanlance   Author's Homepage   Email huntsmanlance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im checking with you experienced turkey hunters before i buy new heads. I would "think" a really wide cutting head would be good for a turkey but......2" is huge!!!

And with a broadhead that wide wouldnt it affect your arrow flight?

Thanks!
Lance

--------------------
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Posts: 1760 | From: Moore, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snakebit40
Contributor 2015
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snakebit40   Email snakebit40   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't shot a turkey with a TreeShark (yet) but I can tell you they fly great!

--------------------
Jon Richards

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 62@28
Schafer Silvertip 71@28

Posts: 1636 | From: Colby, Kansas | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heartshoth
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heartshoth   Email heartshoth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great question...I'll be watching this one re: arrow flight

--------------------
BLACK WIDOW PSR X 2
KEMPF QWYKSTYK X 2
Zipper SXT

Posts: 183 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
Contributor 2015
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love TreeSharks should be great on birds , they fly great. I have shot deer , bear and hogs with them last year and thet did great. They put big holes in critters.
,,,,,,,,Sam,,,,,,,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 1286 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DannyBows
Contributor 2013
Member # 11762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DannyBows   Email DannyBows   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard they work great on Turkeys. They fly great!

--------------------
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves". ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Posts: 3966 | From: Sayreville, New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntsmanlance
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntsmanlance   Author's Homepage   Email huntsmanlance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone! I figured that at that size they should really do some serious damage to a turkey!!!

[archer]

--------------------
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Posts: 1760 | From: Moore, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC
Charter Member
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC   Email RC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris killed a Bird with one last year hunting with me in the swamp behind my house. Unreal cut. I shoot Interceptors and Tiger Sharks.You will be surprised at how many times you don`t shoot through a Bird.RC
Posts: 4581 | From: Baxley,Ga | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Batten
Contributor 2013
Member # 7925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Batten   Email Don Batten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lance, I know for a fact that Joebuck shoots the 1 7/8 siverflames for his turkey loads. I've killed 3 with treesharks and they work fine . Shot placement is everything but a 2" head does give you some margin for error. Don

--------------------
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Posts: 2287 | From: New Bern .NC | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trumpkin the Dwarf
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trumpkin the Dwarf   Email Trumpkin the Dwarf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sold on the tree sharks...especially after shooting them in heavy crosswinds. I found that with a good front heavy set up the tree sharks are pretty much untouched by wind.

--------------------
Malachi C.

Toelke Whip 62" 55# @ 28" drawn to 32"
GT 7595 full length: 365 grains up front

Posts: 943 | From: Missoula, Montana | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snakebit40
Contributor 2015
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snakebit40   Email snakebit40   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trumpkin the Dwarf:
I am sold on the tree sharks...especially after shooting them in heavy crosswinds. I found that with a good front heavy set up the tree sharks are pretty much untouched by wind.

I'm sold too. I haven't even shot an animal with them yet, but they fly ssssssooooooo good! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Jon Richards

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 62@28
Schafer Silvertip 71@28

Posts: 1636 | From: Colby, Kansas | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graybarkhunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 23094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for graybarkhunter   Email graybarkhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fly great and sickning entry/exit holes. shot many a deer with them, havent had a shot at a turk yet but im going to tx in april and will test them! maybe ill have some pics

--------------------
62" Black River

Posts: 513 | From: Mid Mississippi | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Lyon
Charter Member - Contributor 2015
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Lyon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.shrewbows.com/hiddenhunterblinds/index.html

Lance, in this picture of Ron LaClair he's holding a bird that was "sharked". I forgot if it was a landhark or a treeshark on one of his cedar arrows that he sells.

My bird in my avitar was taken with a 125 grain Grizzly head. Shot placement is key, as usual.

--------------------
Shrewhaven Lodge co-chef

Posts: 3268 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
Contributor 2015
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can miss a turkey with them just fine [thumbsup]

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member

Posts: 4782 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©