Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Stalker Stickbows
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Mick Parks

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Simmons TreeSharks for turkeys???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Simmons TreeSharks for turkeys???
huntsmanlance
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1928

Icon 5 posted      Profile for huntsmanlance   Author's Homepage   Email huntsmanlance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im checking with you experienced turkey hunters before i buy new heads. I would "think" a really wide cutting head would be good for a turkey but......2" is huge!!!

And with a broadhead that wide wouldnt it affect your arrow flight?

Thanks!
Lance

--------------------
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Posts: 1760 | From: Moore, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snakebit40
Contributor 2014
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snakebit40   Email snakebit40   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't shot a turkey with a TreeShark (yet) but I can tell you they fly great!

--------------------
Jon Richards

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 62@28
Schafer Silvertip 71@28

Posts: 1614 | From: Studley, Kansas | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heartshoth
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heartshoth   Email heartshoth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great question...I'll be watching this one re: arrow flight

--------------------
BLACK WIDOW PSR X 2
KEMPF QWYKSTYK X 2
Zipper SXT

Posts: 183 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
Contributor 2014
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love TreeSharks should be great on birds , they fly great. I have shot deer , bear and hogs with them last year and thet did great. They put big holes in critters.
,,,,,,,,Sam,,,,,,,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 1255 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DannyBows
Contributor 2013
Member # 11762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DannyBows   Email DannyBows   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard they work great on Turkeys. They fly great!

--------------------
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves". ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Posts: 3966 | From: Sayreville, New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntsmanlance
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntsmanlance   Author's Homepage   Email huntsmanlance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone! I figured that at that size they should really do some serious damage to a turkey!!!

[archer]

--------------------
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Posts: 1760 | From: Moore, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC
Charter Member
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC   Email RC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris killed a Bird with one last year hunting with me in the swamp behind my house. Unreal cut. I shoot Interceptors and Tiger Sharks.You will be surprised at how many times you don`t shoot through a Bird.RC
Posts: 4572 | From: Baxley,Ga | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Batten
Contributor 2013
Member # 7925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Batten   Email Don Batten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lance, I know for a fact that Joebuck shoots the 1 7/8 siverflames for his turkey loads. I've killed 3 with treesharks and they work fine . Shot placement is everything but a 2" head does give you some margin for error. Don

--------------------
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Posts: 2287 | From: New Bern .NC | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trumpkin the Dwarf
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trumpkin the Dwarf   Email Trumpkin the Dwarf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sold on the tree sharks...especially after shooting them in heavy crosswinds. I found that with a good front heavy set up the tree sharks are pretty much untouched by wind.

--------------------
Malachi C.

Toelke Whip 62" 55# @ 28" drawn to 32"
GT 7595 full length: 365 grains up front

Posts: 917 | From: Missoula, Montana | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snakebit40
Contributor 2014
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snakebit40   Email snakebit40   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trumpkin the Dwarf:
I am sold on the tree sharks...especially after shooting them in heavy crosswinds. I found that with a good front heavy set up the tree sharks are pretty much untouched by wind.

I'm sold too. I haven't even shot an animal with them yet, but they fly ssssssooooooo good! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Jon Richards

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 62@28
Schafer Silvertip 71@28

Posts: 1614 | From: Studley, Kansas | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graybarkhunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 23094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for graybarkhunter   Email graybarkhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fly great and sickning entry/exit holes. shot many a deer with them, havent had a shot at a turk yet but im going to tx in april and will test them! maybe ill have some pics

--------------------
56" KB

Posts: 500 | From: Mid Mississippi | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Lyon
Charter Member - Contributor 2014
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Lyon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.shrewbows.com/hiddenhunterblinds/index.html

Lance, in this picture of Ron LaClair he's holding a bird that was "sharked". I forgot if it was a landhark or a treeshark on one of his cedar arrows that he sells.

My bird in my avitar was taken with a 125 grain Grizzly head. Shot placement is key, as usual.

--------------------
Shrewhaven Lodge co-chef

Posts: 3152 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
Contributor 2014
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can miss a turkey with them just fine [thumbsup]

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member

Posts: 4713 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©