Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Traditional Bowyer
by Jack Harrison
3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Terry Folts

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » A SHEDROCK Sponsored Adventure***UPDATE New Adventure PAGE 6*** (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: A SHEDROCK Sponsored Adventure***UPDATE New Adventure PAGE 6***
FerretWYO
Admin
Member # 13052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FerretWYO   Email FerretWYO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have known Tracy almost as long as I can remember. It is most certainly true a kinder person with more enthusiasm for hunting would be most impossible to find. His invite to hunt Pronghorn with him was a chance I vowed not to miss. I have been looking forward to fall since the last one ended and what better way to start it out than by spending time with a good friend.
Wyoming has more Pronghorn than people by a multiplier of 2. Funny how after living here 30 years I have taken only three with a bow and never from a blind over water. I practiced hard and awaited the day. Tracy had set up several blinds and called me last week to make sure I would be there for the opener. He said there are goats everywhere.
When I got there on Tuesday night we went to the blind he had set for me so I could find it in the dark. The next morning we were up bright and early ready to go. It was a slow start to the morning but slow is not always a bad thing. I had two bucks come in ad offer no shot one at eight and one at eleven. As I sat reading a book about traditional bowyers I could not help but think how fortunate I was to be hunting, have great friends and be able to experience nature the way we do.

Essentials for the hunt:
 -

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow

Posts: 5712 | From: Cheyenne Wy | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Yancey
SPONSOR
Member # 4892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Yancey   Email Mike Yancey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish I was out there with ya
Posts: 786 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FerretWYO
Admin
Member # 13052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FerretWYO   Email FerretWYO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At 1230 I looked up and I could see horns on the skyline. It was a good buck and I was told not to let a good one walk. I readied myself and waited as he scanned the waterhole for signs of trouble before continuing to water. Here is the view I had when I first spotted just his head on the skyline.

-

Once he was confident all was safe he strolled in with confidence and poise. He chose a place to drink straight across the water from me and stepped lightly and carefully into the soft mud and dropped his head to drink quartering. I raised my bow in wait.

I will be back in a little bit I just bought a brand new truck that needs to go to the car wash now. [bigsmyl]

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow

Posts: 5712 | From: Cheyenne Wy | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awbowman
Contributor 2013
Member # 24545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for awbowman   Email awbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are a mean man!

--------------------
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"

Posts: 3480 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UrbanDeerSlayer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UrbanDeerSlayer   Email UrbanDeerSlayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Making us wait... the suspense is killing me!

--------------------
Shoot Straight, Feel Great!

Posts: 308 | From: PA | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glunt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5921

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glunt   Email Glunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a couple weeks yet until my first tag starts...and I drive a beat up old truck. Now I have to wait for the story as well?!! :^)
Posts: 388 | From: CO | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopewell Tom
Contributor 2014
Member # 23301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopewell Tom   Email Hopewell Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does a brand new truck trump a hunting story?
Don't be washing that new truck smell off it,now...
And hurry back.

--------------------
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Posts: 1892 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcar315
Contributor 2015
Member # 19642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcar315   Email jcar315   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire]

--------------------
Thanks Dad for taking me shooting all those years ago...I miss you every day.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 4993 | From: Middletown Maryland | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gregg dudley
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gregg dudley   Author's Homepage   Email gregg dudley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[archer2] [campfire]

--------------------
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Charity Shoot January 25, 2014 at the Canyons Zipline near Ocala

Come shoot with us!

Posts: 5331 | From: weirsdale, fl | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith Zimmerman
Contributor 2014
Member # 2714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keith Zimmerman   Email Keith Zimmerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope it's a Chevy:)
Posts: 3086 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire]

--------------------
Mr Terry.....will you turn on the crickets for me - Cade Cabrera

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 26293 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkken
Contributor 2015
Member # 14892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkken   Email elkken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice carpeting in that blind Randy, first class accommodations [thumbsup]

I have had some fun times in Wyoming, can't wait to hear the rest of the story [campfire]

--------------------
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 3391 | From: washington state | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Huntin' Texas
SPONSOR
Member # 34330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huntin' Texas   Email Huntin' Texas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright Randy, that aint nice!

--------------------
Longfellow Ranches

Posts: 16 | From: TX | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snag
SPONSOR
Member # 7716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snag   Author's Homepage   Email snag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh the anticipation...."horns on the horizon"..... [thumbsup]

--------------------
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.
Wilderness Custom Arrows

Posts: 7241 | From: oregon | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FerretWYO
Admin
Member # 13052

Let’s see some other pictures from the hunt while I type the story up.

-

There are 12 bucks in this picture. When Tracy sets a blind he has a reason for it.

-

A sunset meeting

-

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©