Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Taurus Bows
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Jay Sheffield

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » A SHEDROCK Sponsored Adventure***UPDATE New Adventure PAGE 6*** (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: A SHEDROCK Sponsored Adventure***UPDATE New Adventure PAGE 6***
FerretWYO
Admin
Member # 13052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FerretWYO   Email FerretWYO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have known Tracy almost as long as I can remember. It is most certainly true a kinder person with more enthusiasm for hunting would be most impossible to find. His invite to hunt Pronghorn with him was a chance I vowed not to miss. I have been looking forward to fall since the last one ended and what better way to start it out than by spending time with a good friend.
Wyoming has more Pronghorn than people by a multiplier of 2. Funny how after living here 30 years I have taken only three with a bow and never from a blind over water. I practiced hard and awaited the day. Tracy had set up several blinds and called me last week to make sure I would be there for the opener. He said there are goats everywhere.
When I got there on Tuesday night we went to the blind he had set for me so I could find it in the dark. The next morning we were up bright and early ready to go. It was a slow start to the morning but slow is not always a bad thing. I had two bucks come in ad offer no shot one at eight and one at eleven. As I sat reading a book about traditional bowyers I could not help but think how fortunate I was to be hunting, have great friends and be able to experience nature the way we do.

Essentials for the hunt:
 -

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow

Posts: 5683 | From: Cheyenne Wy | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Yancey
SPONSOR
Member # 4892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Yancey   Email Mike Yancey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish I was out there with ya
Posts: 781 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FerretWYO
Admin
Member # 13052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FerretWYO   Email FerretWYO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At 1230 I looked up and I could see horns on the skyline. It was a good buck and I was told not to let a good one walk. I readied myself and waited as he scanned the waterhole for signs of trouble before continuing to water. Here is the view I had when I first spotted just his head on the skyline.

-

Once he was confident all was safe he strolled in with confidence and poise. He chose a place to drink straight across the water from me and stepped lightly and carefully into the soft mud and dropped his head to drink quartering. I raised my bow in wait.

I will be back in a little bit I just bought a brand new truck that needs to go to the car wash now. [bigsmyl]

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow

Posts: 5683 | From: Cheyenne Wy | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awbowman
Contributor 2013
Member # 24545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for awbowman   Email awbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are a mean man!

--------------------
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"

Posts: 3457 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UrbanDeerSlayer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UrbanDeerSlayer   Email UrbanDeerSlayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Making us wait... the suspense is killing me!

--------------------
Shoot Straight, Feel Great!

Posts: 308 | From: PA | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glunt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5921

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glunt   Email Glunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a couple weeks yet until my first tag starts...and I drive a beat up old truck. Now I have to wait for the story as well?!! :^)
Posts: 388 | From: CO | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopewell Tom
Contributor 2014
Member # 23301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopewell Tom   Email Hopewell Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does a brand new truck trump a hunting story?
Don't be washing that new truck smell off it,now...
And hurry back.

--------------------
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Posts: 1837 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcar315
Contributor 2014
Member # 19642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcar315   Email jcar315   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire]

--------------------
Thanks Dad for taking me shooting all those years ago...I miss you every day.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 4948 | From: Middletown Maryland | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gregg dudley
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gregg dudley   Author's Homepage   Email gregg dudley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[archer2] [campfire]

--------------------
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Charity Shoot January 25, 2014 at the Canyons Zipline near Ocala

Come shoot with us!

Posts: 5315 | From: weirsdale, fl | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith Zimmerman
Contributor 2014
Member # 2714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keith Zimmerman   Email Keith Zimmerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope it's a Chevy:)
Posts: 3054 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire]

--------------------
Mr Terry.....will you turn on the crickets for me - Cade Cabrera

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 26176 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkken
Contributor 2014
Member # 14892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkken   Email elkken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice carpeting in that blind Randy, first class accommodations [thumbsup]

I have had some fun times in Wyoming, can't wait to hear the rest of the story [campfire]

--------------------
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 3306 | From: washington state | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Huntin' Texas
SPONSOR
Member # 34330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huntin' Texas   Email Huntin' Texas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright Randy, that aint nice!

--------------------
Longfellow Ranches

Posts: 16 | From: TX | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snag
SPONSOR
Member # 7716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snag   Author's Homepage   Email snag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh the anticipation...."horns on the horizon"..... [thumbsup]

--------------------
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.
Wilderness Custom Arrows

Posts: 7223 | From: oregon | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FerretWYO
Admin
Member # 13052

Let’s see some other pictures from the hunt while I type the story up.

-

There are 12 bucks in this picture. When Tracy sets a blind he has a reason for it.

-

A sunset meeting

-

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©