Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Izzy!

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION LISTING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » My new Tall Timbers longbow (with pics) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My new Tall Timbers longbow (with pics)
GRINCH
Contributor 2013
Member # 15235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GRINCH   Email GRINCH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beauty for sure,enjoy. [clapper] [clapper]

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Posts: 5676 | From: GENEVA ALABAMA | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bladepeek
Contributor 2014
Member # 24206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bladepeek   Email Bladepeek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure looks like a keeper to me! I really like the wood combo.

--------------------
66" Mohawk longbow LH 33#@29
62"/58" RER LXR LH 46#/43# @ 28"
62" Lost Creek Judge RH 44@28
60" Whisperstick LH 47@28
60" Kevin Cramer RH 50@28
52" Bear '75 Kodiak Magnum 50@28

Posts: 2397 | From: Greenville, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SERGIO VENNERI
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SERGIO VENNERI   Email SERGIO VENNERI   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, that is a nice looking bow, bubinga is one of my favourite woods. [thumbsup]
Posts: 1769 | From: Timmins, ontario Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lunchbucket
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lunchbucket   Email lunchbucket   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice looking bow congrates!
Posts: 331 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Possum Head
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Possum Head   Email Possum Head   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wondered the formula a bowyer uses to hit his goal weight. Seems like it would be difficult. It appears thats all your friend did wrong as the bow is a piece of work and you should be proud!
Posts: 943 | From: Hurley, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dhaverstick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dhaverstick   Author's Homepage   Email dhaverstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possum Head, he actually hit the weight correct - he made this bow for himself originally.

These guys used to only make recurves and I told Don that when he got his longbow design perfected that I would buy one from him. He made two bows like the one I got; one 56" long and one 60" long and wanted me to see if I liked them. Well, I loved them both but just wasn't hoss enough to shoot them. So Don told me that he would lighten up whichever one I wanted if I committed to buy it ($300!) I couldn't pass up a deal like that and I just loved the way the 60" bow felt in my hands.

Don called me a week later and said he had the bow down to my weight so I went over to his shop to shoot it. Me and that bow instantly clicked! Don then refinished it and I am now a proud owner of one of his creations.

Posts: 354 | From: Fair Grove, MO | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©