Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
St Joe River Bows
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

A Blast from the Past!
Staci Sanpei

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » My new Tall Timbers longbow (with pics) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My new Tall Timbers longbow (with pics)
GRINCH
Contributor 2014
Member # 15235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GRINCH   Email GRINCH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beauty for sure,enjoy. [clapper] [clapper]

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Posts: 5714 | From: GENEVA ALABAMA | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bladepeek
Contributor 2014
Member # 24206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bladepeek   Email Bladepeek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure looks like a keeper to me! I really like the wood combo.

--------------------
66" Mohawk longbow LH 33#@29
62" Lost Creek Judge RH 44@28
52" Bear KMag LH 45# @ 28"
62"/58" RER LXR LH 46#/43# @ 28"
60" Holm Made recurve LH 46# @ 28"
60" Treadway Black Swamp LH 47#@28"
66" JD Berry Morning Star LH 47@28

Posts: 2749 | From: Greenville, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SERGIO VENNERI
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SERGIO VENNERI   Email SERGIO VENNERI   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, that is a nice looking bow, bubinga is one of my favourite woods. [thumbsup]
Posts: 1771 | From: Timmins, ontario Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lunchbucket
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lunchbucket   Email lunchbucket   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice looking bow congrates!
Posts: 331 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Possum Head
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Possum Head   Email Possum Head   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wondered the formula a bowyer uses to hit his goal weight. Seems like it would be difficult. It appears thats all your friend did wrong as the bow is a piece of work and you should be proud!
Posts: 954 | From: Hurley, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dhaverstick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dhaverstick   Author's Homepage   Email dhaverstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possum Head, he actually hit the weight correct - he made this bow for himself originally.

These guys used to only make recurves and I told Don that when he got his longbow design perfected that I would buy one from him. He made two bows like the one I got; one 56" long and one 60" long and wanted me to see if I liked them. Well, I loved them both but just wasn't hoss enough to shoot them. So Don told me that he would lighten up whichever one I wanted if I committed to buy it ($300!) I couldn't pass up a deal like that and I just loved the way the 60" bow felt in my hands.

Don called me a week later and said he had the bow down to my weight so I went over to his shop to shoot it. Me and that bow instantly clicked! Don then refinished it and I am now a proud owner of one of his creations.

Posts: 381 | From: Fair Grove, MO | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©