3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » The Escanaba Wrecking Crew at Hog Heaven! (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Escanaba Wrecking Crew at Hog Heaven!
rbcorbitt
Contributor 2016
Member # 35446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rbcorbitt   Email rbcorbitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fellows. You are truly blessed to celebrate the big finale of Ray Hammond's Hog Heaven! You all went out with a bang!

Here's to future stories from Wild Things under Andrew's guidance [thumbsup] !!

Thanks, Big Ray, for all the memories - looking forward to hearing of more of your escapades!

--------------------
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Posts: 1560 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anointed Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anointed Archer   Email Anointed Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent job guy's and congrats on the great hunt. [clapper] [campfire]

--------------------
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Posts: 1749 | From: Greenville, Mi. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper]

Great Story Telling guys. Congrats!

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17398 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Bonner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Bonner   Email Dan Bonner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome hunt. felt likei was there too!
Thanks

Posts: 493 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticksnstones
Contributor 2018
Member # 24842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticksnstones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting the Squirrel Bait version Doug, but how about the rest of the story??? [biglaugh]

You're right, getting on all those pigs and guiding you into your shot positions was a real highlight for me too. I'll never forget the rush I felt when we realized that pig wasn't dead and the broadheads started flying!!! That poor little bugger instantly had 3 equally lethal shots in him! One of those shots was delivered by my new Howard Hill Crocodile on it's very first hunt. Talk about starting off right with a new bow!

Here is a picture of our pigs
 -

See Doug, I never once mentioned forgetting your GPS or the knife "situation" [readit]
Thom

Posts: 1515 | From: Grand Haven, Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joeabowhunter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 35320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joeabowhunter   Email Joeabowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper] Good hunting!
Posts: 1390 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flingblade
2017 Contributor
Member # 21996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flingblade   Email Flingblade   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Doug! Thanks for sharing the exciting story and pics guys! Enjoy the BBQ!!
Posts: 739 | From: Grand Haven, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doug g
Contributor 2016
Member # 16288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doug g   Author's Homepage   Email doug g   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thom, I told my wife about you forgetting my GPS for me, and that I smacked you upside the head for allowing me to forget it after telling you specifically not to let me forget it. [bigsmyl]

--------------------
TGMM

Posts: 847 | From: Cedarville MI | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2018
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! Great stories and pics! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4822 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Butler
Contributor 2018
Member # 7393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Butler   Email Rick Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was just an incredible weekend! Well done Doug and Thom! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 2318 | From: Swartz Creek & DeTour Village MI. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Crowl
Contributor 2014
Member # 5930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Crowl   Email Steve Crowl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool place to chase pigs. I will never forget my hunt. Congrat's on your pigs.

--------------------
Steve Crowl

"Proud Father of several Marines"

Posts: 793 | From: York, PA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thom, why is there 3 muddy arrow???

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 4081 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LimbLover
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LimbLover   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some great stories here. I love it!

--------------------
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
www.michiganlongbow.org

Posts: 732 | From: Belmont, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticksnstones
Contributor 2018
Member # 24842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticksnstones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by South MS Bowhunter:
Thom, why is there 3 muddy arrow???

Two bloody, only one muddy... And let's not talk about that muddy one [banghead]

Blaine, sorry I missed your comment. Yes I'm VERY happy with the TuffHeads! I had two bows setup with 225s and one set for another bow in the new 190s. All of them are top notch!
Thom

Posts: 1515 | From: Grand Haven, Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©