3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Shan G. Mandrayar

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » HH BUG GOT ME - Part Two! (Page 315)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 315 pages: 1  2  3  ...  312  313  314  315   
Author Topic: HH BUG GOT ME - Part Two!
Linwood Hines
Contributor 2017
Member # 4199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linwood Hines   Email Linwood Hines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pavan:
I wonder how many longbows were built due to this thread. I also wonder how many of those new longbow shooters have left the farm and have gone back to bendier utensils.

You guys inspired me a few years ago - back to the #1 thread - so I've bought all of mine because of you (you devils, but thank you for the memories someone once sang). Thru them all, I have three HHA and one Jet right now. If y'all put anymore pretty pictures up, I might have to find a way to get another, darnitall ;-) KEEP IT UP!

--------------------
Linwood

Posts: 151 | From: Chesterfield, VA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Linwood Hines:
quote:
Originally posted by pavan:
I wonder how many longbows were built due to this thread. I also wonder how many of those new longbow shooters have left the farm and have gone back to bendier utensils.

You guys inspired me a few years ago - back to the #1 thread - so I've bought all of mine because of you (you devils, but thank you for the memories someone once sang). Thru them all, I have three HHA and one Jet right now. If y'all put anymore pretty pictures up, I might have to find a way to get another, darnitall ;-) KEEP IT UP!
I'm still here...and shoot ASL's exclusvely...,
Posts: 2430 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pavan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pavan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of us have many bows. Howard Hill had a pretty good stash as well, although not anywhere near what some of us have or had. To take a time frame of when Hill was probably still very active, let's say in the mid 50s, how many of the bows that he owned, did he actually use on a regular basis? It seemed in his pre glass years there were two, Gramma and Grandpa.

--------------------
Pavan

Posts: 5941 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have only acquired two because of this thread. I apologize for such a small showing.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4891 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Lyon
Charter Member - Contributor 2017
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Lyon   Email Ray Lyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two for me Sam. Had a Howard Hill Tembo since 1978 then added a Northern Mist Shelton.two years ago. Well Merry Christmas 🎁 to me a little late. Steve had an orphaned Northern Mist Ramer that will be making its way north tomorrow. 50#@28” 66” black walnut limbs with clear glass and beautiful ‘swirl’maple handle. This is his reverse handle string follow model.

--------------------
Shrewhaven Lodge co-chef

Posts: 4349 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Lyon
Charter Member - Contributor 2017
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Lyon   Email Ray Lyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Link to northern Mist Ramer

--------------------
Shrewhaven Lodge co-chef

Posts: 4349 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tradcat
Contributor 2016
Member # 35226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tradcat   Email Tradcat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome !
Posts: 680 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Learner
Contributor 2017
Member # 45308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Learner   Email Learner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sam McMichael:
I have only acquired two because of this thread. I apologize for such a small showing.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
- Hill Big 5 ASL, 66", 45# @ 27"
- Hill Halfbreed ASL, 66", 45# @ 27"

- Cabela's Warden 62" recurves:
-- 40# @ 28"
-- 50# @ 28"

Proverbs 16:3
"Commit your works to the Lord, and your plans will be established."

Posts: 235 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Overspined
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Overspined   Email Overspined   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started shooting R/D when I started making them...otherwise almost exclusively Hill style. I will shoot about anything and really like all styles of bow, but Hill style is my “go to”. Once I figured out shooting Hill style bows I can now shoot anything and almost any grip. I used to think grips were such a big deal but now I believe it’s more about mechanics and the correct “hold” and arm positions. If the tiller is decent and it shoots, I’ll shoot it. I have a lot of bows..and just make another one if there’s something I want. Lol. A buddy will lend me his curve forms if I want a noisy bow.. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2107 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Learner
Contributor 2017
Member # 45308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Learner   Email Learner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Overspined:
I started shooting R/D when I started making them...otherwise almost exclusively Hill style. I will shoot about anything and really like all styles of bow, but Hill style is my “go to”. Once I figured out shooting Hill style bows I can now shoot anything and almost any grip. I used to think grips were such a big deal but now I believe it’s more about mechanics and the correct “hold” and arm positions. If the tiller is decent and it shoots, I’ll shoot it. I have a lot of bows..and just make another one if there’s something I want. Lol. A buddy will lend me his curve forms if I want a noisy bow.. [Big Grin]

[thumbsup]

Agreed! I love the quietness of my Hills! If they ever sound noisy I know immediately that my form has slipped!

Frank

--------------------
- Hill Big 5 ASL, 66", 45# @ 27"
- Hill Halfbreed ASL, 66", 45# @ 27"

- Cabela's Warden 62" recurves:
-- 40# @ 28"
-- 50# @ 28"

Proverbs 16:3
"Commit your works to the Lord, and your plans will be established."

Posts: 235 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 315 pages: 1  2  3  ...  312  313  314  315   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©