Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Trad Bowhunting & Wilderness Podcast
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Brian Kelly

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Kenetrek boots - Good or Bad? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Kenetrek boots - Good or Bad?
rlc1959
Contributor 2015
Member # 21261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rlc1959   Author's Homepage   Email rlc1959   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hunted Elk in New Mexico this year with Bob who is one of the owners of Kenetrek.All the guides in camp that had Kenetrek loved them. I am a Meindel Guy but told Bob I would try a pair. He seemed like a great guy that would stand behind his boots and take care of any issues. I have not ordered mine yet.

Randy Chamberlin

--------------------
Randy Chamberlin

NRA Life Member
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member
United Bowhunters of PA Life Member
PBS Member

Posts: 763 | From: Shippensburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onions
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onions   Email Onions   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Currently I have Kenetrek's 400 Mtn Extreme. I also have owned two pair of Meindel in the past.
My kenetrek are excellent, well built boots. However, my next boots will be Meindels.
My foot is very narrow at the heel, but wide in the toe box, and the Meindel fits my foot better.

chris <><

Posts: 905 | From: michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njloco
Contributor 2013
Member # 24437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njloco   Email njloco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll throw these into the mix, Hanwags, PM me and I'll tell you how to get them for 50-60% off, I used them for elk hunting this year in ID and they performed great in all areas.

Good luck.

P.S. I was in one of the local Kenetrek dealer stores, and he complemented me on wearing a good looking pair of Kenetreks, I had to give him the bad news.

--------------------
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Posts: 2249 | From: Soviet state of N.J. | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ Clagett
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ Clagett   Email Russ Clagett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm...those Hoffman boots look pretty good...
Posts: 535 | From: Pflugerville, Texas | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pitt98
Contributor 2015
Member # 24100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pitt98   Email pitt98   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have the Kennetrek Mountain Extreme 400's. Absolutely love them.

--------------------
Damon Howatt Super Diablo 54# @28
BW PSA 60" 51# @28
RER Arroyo 58" 60# @28
Kwyk Styk 54" 54#@28
Eaglewing Talon 11 62" 53# @28
Zipper Nitro 60" 47#@28
Allegheny Mt longbow 60" 40#@28

Posts: 119 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamike
Contributor 2014
Member # 34368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamike   Email pamike   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
which boot has the widest toe box in a standard D width? (any of these companies)

I keep getting mixed data. quite a few searches say the italian (kenetrek) are wider that the german (meindl) styles. I was told for a tight heel and wider toe box go kenetrek. the above sounds different. I just wish some place near we had these boots to try on.

--------------------
HABU Vyperkahn
Elkmaster
Eagle Wing
Kwyk Styk
Silvertip LB
Hill Country Bobcat
Sasquatch SS
ACS
Big Jim Desert Bighorn

Posts: 2410 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onions
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onions   Email Onions   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From my experience both the meindl and kenetreks are close to equal in the toe box, maybe the kenetrek's slightly larger. The difference for me is in the heel. the meindl's are narrower, which fits my foot better.

chris <><

Posts: 905 | From: michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmgrode
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 5420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mmgrode   Email mmgrode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As mentioned, different brands have different cuts which may or may not fit your foot. Get the brand that best fits your foot. This can only be determined by trying them on. I drove 3.5 hrs one way to try on my Lowa boots. I work in the field year round and need good footwear. Been using them ever since. They fit my foot. A top quality boot isn't worth a pound of salt if it doesn't fit your particular foot characteristics.

Happy boot hunting!

--------------------
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Posts: 1504 | From: WI/CO/ID/MT | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamike
Contributor 2014
Member # 34368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamike   Email pamike   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ordered the kenetreks and i hope Onions is right - if that description is correct then i am set! I will know soon enough.

thanks for the help!
Mike

--------------------
HABU Vyperkahn
Elkmaster
Eagle Wing
Kwyk Styk
Silvertip LB
Hill Country Bobcat
Sasquatch SS
ACS
Big Jim Desert Bighorn

Posts: 2410 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onions
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11946

hope they work for you pamike!
keep us posted as to how they work!

chris <><

ghall80
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 21583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghall80   Email ghall80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not read everybody's responses but I wanted to chime in I have had a pair of Kenetrek boots that I wear on a daily basis doing yard work household chores hiking scouting you name it I use em and they are the best boots I have ever had bar none. They are so easy to break in and so comfortable right off the bat as far as I'm concerned be the best boot out there.
and I might add don't look a day old they hold up so well to all the beatings I have done these boots it has impressed me more than any other. I am waiting to scrounge up enough money to buy another pair that I will strictly use for hunting. they are pricey but worth every penny I would put my boots up against any others that are out there.
Kenetrek all day baby !!!!!!!

Posts: 710 | From: CT | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wapiti792
Contributor 2015
Member # 8137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wapiti792   Email wapiti792   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked up a pair of Kenetrek Bobcats for blind sitting and deer hunting here in IL. They are the warmest easiest boots to get on and off. I found another pair on fleabay as they actually have a website for seconds and discontinued items from the company.

I will buy a pair to hunt out west in soon. They are awesome boots!

--------------------
Mike Davenport

Posts: 2740 | From: Southern IL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Richard
Contributor 2014
Member # 34555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Richard   Email Rick Richard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a pair of Kenetrek Mountain Extremes and they are by far the most comfortable boot that I have ever owned.
Posts: 1141 | From: Cherryville, NC | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamike
Contributor 2014
Member # 34368

Getting more excited all the time - very positive comments

--------------------
HABU Vyperkahn
Elkmaster
Eagle Wing
Kwyk Styk
Silvertip LB
Hill Country Bobcat
Sasquatch SS
ACS
Big Jim Desert Bighorn

Carcajou
Contributor 2015
Member # 1206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carcajou   Email Carcajou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kenetrek Mountain Extremes,,,all the way...good fit..while greased properly, virtually waterproof...use them tracking in the Adirondack snow...been a very good boot, and very lightweight after tracking bucks for miles and long days...worth every penny.

--------------------
" Brothers of the Flaming Arrow "

Posts: 3254 | From: Tug Hill | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©