3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Hog Wild @ Wild Things '13 - the Truth and nuthin' but the Truth (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Hog Wild @ Wild Things '13 - the Truth and nuthin' but the Truth
rbcorbitt
Contributor 2016
Member # 35446

Icon 10 posted      Profile for rbcorbitt   Email rbcorbitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay fellow TG members! Thread is up. Forgive me, as I and several of the others are just getting in from traveling!

Hogs - yes, there were plenty of hogs. Successes - that is all subjective, but, yes, there were successes!

New friendships made - oh yes!

And so, the stories (and pics) shall begin! [Wink] [goldtooth]

--------------------
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Posts: 1560 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tuned in!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11833 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntnmuleys
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntnmuleys   Email huntnmuleys   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep, im listening...

--------------------
is it September yet??

Posts: 1676 | From: newcastle wyoming | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticksnstones
Contributor 2017
Member # 24842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticksnstones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not exactly sure how 9 guys are going to tell one hunting story, but I'll start off with the cast of characters to help everyone follow along:
 -

From left to right:
Thom - sticksnstones
Terry - Terry Green
James - Nattybumppo
Joe - smokin joe
Tom - suburbanirma
Bud - Bud B.
Brian - Bel007 (aka Big Sexy)
Bob - rbcorbitt
Todd - herndondt
Andrew - TrueBlue
Harry - the wonder dog

Posts: 1513 | From: Grand Haven, Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recognize a few folks here [campfire] [coffee]

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17179 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aggie1993
Contributor 2015
Member # 9164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aggie1993   Email Aggie1993   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This should be good! [campfire] [coffee]

--------------------
Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Kempf Trophy Hunter 58" 51@28
Kempf Kwyk Styk 58" 51@28
Kempf Kwyk Styk 58" 54@28
Kempf Trophy Hunter 58" 51@28

Posts: 742 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rbcorbitt
Contributor 2016
Member # 35446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rbcorbitt   Email rbcorbitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First and foremost, a BIG THANK YOU! [clapper] [thumbsup] to the companies, TG Sponsors and others, who made this trip such a success!

No particular order here.

Steve Angell, SimplyTraditional.net
Andrew Harper, Hunt Wild Things
Big Jim, Big Jim Bows
South Cox, Stalker Stickbows
Tim at Braveheart Archery
Tom Colstad with Trad Archer's World
Todd at Spot 360
Confederate Forge
Blue Stone Block
AllanBlock.com

I hope I have covered them all (if not, forgive me as I am just off of 9 hours of stressful traveling).

Oh yes! A big shout out to Terry Green for sharing a couple days in camp with us! Terry shared his own expertise on hunting hogs in the swamps (and Armadillos too [biglaugh] - Terry, Terry! Is that an armadillo hole??)"

Stories and pics to follow!

Do business with these first class folks that were so gracious to a bunch of TG hog hunters!!! [clapper]

--------------------
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Posts: 1560 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maineac
Contributor 2016
Member # 15727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maineac   Author's Homepage   Email maineac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire]

--------------------
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
Robert Holthouser

Posts: 4238 | From: Waldoboro, Maine | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T-D
Contributor 2014
Member # 34508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T-D   Email T-D   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just let me get to a keyboard and I'll jump right in. There's way too much to type for this phone. I had a blast! More to come!!!

--------------------
Resident Hog Slayer🐗
Hummingbird Bows + Simmons Sharks = Death from above

But with God all things are possible
(Mathew 19:26)

Posts: 405 | From: Stokesdale, NC | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awbowman
Contributor 2013
Member # 24545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for awbowman   Email awbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang it Bob, I'm here wait for stories nursing my drink. Better get on with the stories or the Crown Reserve will soon be gone.

--------------------
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Posts: 4185 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rbcorbitt
Contributor 2016
Member # 35446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rbcorbitt   Email rbcorbitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fred,

Just sip, my friend [goldtooth] !

Bob

--------------------

Nattybumppo
Contributor 2016
Member # 35027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nattybumppo   Email Nattybumppo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry ain't just a wonder dog. That's a super dog. He'd rule the world if he didn't think Andrew already did.

--------------------
Stalker Coyote #53
Northern Mist #55
Hoyt Buffalo #55
Compton Member

Posts: 302 | From: GA | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2016
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire]

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4761 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manitoba Stickflinger
SPONSOR
Member # 18657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manitoba Stickflinger   Author's Homepage   Email Manitoba Stickflinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somehow I think this'll be a good one!!

--------------------
http://stickflingers.com/

Posts: 2049 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awbowman
Contributor 2013
Member # 24545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for awbowman   Email awbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SOMEBODY show me a bloody broken arrow

--------------------
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Posts: 4185 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©