3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Hog Wild @ Wild Things '13 - the Truth and nuthin' but the Truth (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Hog Wild @ Wild Things '13 - the Truth and nuthin' but the Truth
suburbanirma
SPONSOR
Member # 9621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suburbanirma   Email suburbanirma   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Conditions were perfect Friday afternoon for hunting. The leaves were dried out from a warm breeze and if anything was moving, I'd be able to hear it from quite a ways off. I was in a ladder stand about 12 yards away from a feeder. I was examining the inside of my eyelids when the feeder went off at @ 4:30 and I nearly jumped out of my seat. That perked me up for the remainder of my sit but nothing showed up or was close enough to hear. Andrew picked me up at 6 p.m. and then picked up the rest of the crew. We got back to camp, cleaned up and went outside for some snacking and testing of some libations. The crew shared their experiences in the woods. There were many sightings of the infamous arrow-evading squirrels but none of the legendary swamp armadillo that Todd sought. There was plenty of hog sign throughout most of the property, but the pigs stayed out of sight. They must not have gotten the memo that there was a hunt going on.

-

--------------------
www.tradarchersworld.com

Posts: 789 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longbowlogan
Contributor 2017
Member # 25677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longbowlogan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to get down there asap!!!

--------------------
Big Stick Assassin LB 60" 51@29
Big Stick Assassin LB 62" 60@28
Schafer Silvertip RC 60" 54@28, 57@27, 76@29

PBS Associate member

Posts: 1060 | From: Ohio | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longbowlogan
Contributor 2017
Member # 25677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longbowlogan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to get down there asap!!!

--------------------
Big Stick Assassin LB 60" 51@29
Big Stick Assassin LB 62" 60@28
Schafer Silvertip RC 60" 54@28, 57@27, 76@29

PBS Associate member

Posts: 1060 | From: Ohio | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jrchambers
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jrchambers   Email jrchambers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suddenly find myself with a strong bloodlust.
some one help me please.

Posts: 1158 | From: kenai alaska | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rbcorbitt
Contributor 2016
Member # 35446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rbcorbitt   Email rbcorbitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, fellow TG members! A good night's rest under my belt.

Off to the office at 7 to battle the alligators and put out the fires that always seem to appear when I'm away.

I'll be back on as soon as I can to add some more perspective!

--------------------
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Posts: 1560 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticksnstones
Contributor 2018
Member # 24842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticksnstones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Bob, I know the feeling! I'd much rather be back in the swamp where things make sense!

All I have time to do is drop a quick post or email here or there, oh and an occasional teaser pic:

-

If anyone was wanting a higher resolution version it's out HERE.

LOTS more to come later.
Thom

Posts: 1515 | From: Grand Haven, Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smokin joe
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokin joe   Email smokin joe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After those glorious days at Wild Things with all those wonderful hunters, I came back to the crazy world of work. I'll have time to post a story of our hunt tonight. For now I'll just say that I had a wonderful time.
Joe

--------------------
TGMM
Compton
PBS

Posts: 2249 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire]

Looking forward to your Tales Joe. And the rest for that matter.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17398 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awbowman
Contributor 2013
Member # 24545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for awbowman   Email awbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hogs are anything but easy.

--------------------
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Posts: 4186 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Izzy
Contributor 2016
Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzy   Email Izzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent. The place looks dream like.
Posts: 8503 | From: latham, new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kat   Email kat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really looking to getting down there in March. Great looking digs.

--------------------
Ken Thornhill

Posts: 1808 | From: wilton, n.y. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rolltidehunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 21755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rolltidehunter   Email rolltidehunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looks like a neat place
Posts: 873 | From: Florence Alabama | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rolltidehunter:
looks like a neat place

UNDERSTATEMENT !!!

[campfire]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 31278 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Russell
Sponsor
Member # 2613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Jerry Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a great time.

--------------------
Guided hunts for Canada Bear and Georgia Bear,Turkey, Hogs, Alligator, Deer and African Plains Game. We specialize in traditional archery hunts.
Visit us at:
http://www.russelloutdoorguides.com

Posts: 1085 | From: Georgia/Quebec | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rbcorbitt
Contributor 2016
Member # 35446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rbcorbitt   Email rbcorbitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, where to start.

After meeting in Estill with 4 of the 8 (Thom was already in camp and Tom C, "Big Sexy" Brian, and James were still enroute), we arrived in "camp" around 5:30 or so.

I use the term camp loosely, as the facilities exceeded my expectations greatly! [thumbsup]

We all chipped in with the help of Andrew's "right hand man", Charley to unpack all the gear and coolers. Always the eternal optimist, I had brought (along with others) our largest coolers and more gear than any one trad archer can justify (part of the fun)!! [goldtooth]

--------------------
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Posts: 1560 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©