3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Hog Wild @ Wild Things '13 - the Truth and nuthin' but the Truth (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Hog Wild @ Wild Things '13 - the Truth and nuthin' but the Truth
MCNSC
Contributor 2017
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MCNSC   Author's Homepage   Email MCNSC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering about the grapes too. Never saw grapes this late in the year. Although I have seen muscadines refuse to fall before.

--------------------
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Posts: 1743 | From: SC | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Bob.....thems gum drops u
r talking about....not grapes or dines.

I'm OUT !!!!!!

Back home n got a steak in me [bigsmyl] [bigsmyl] [bigsmyl]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 31278 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suburbanirma
SPONSOR
Member # 9621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suburbanirma   Email suburbanirma   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was raining Sunday morning when I got up and went to breakfast, which happens to be my favorite meal of the day. The rain soon let up, so Thom and I went to hunt in the swamp. There were hog tracks and rooting activity that occurred overnight. We put some tree sling seats to use but didn't see any hogs before our pickup time. I harvested about a dozen river cane stalks to take home for making into arrows.
When we got back to camp, the other guys were shooting their bows and arrows at the hog, turkey and deer 3D targets. They also had already packed up their stuff from the bunk house.
Soon, it was time to go our separate ways. Before that happened, though, most of us gathered for a group pic with Andrew, to whom we presented the TradGang Hog Wild Hunt #1 commemorative arrow which all of the hunt participants signed. Hopefully, there will be many more of those Hog Wild Hunt arrows to come.

-
Andrew

-

And the gang...
Thanks, everyone!

--------------------
www.tradarchersworld.com

Posts: 789 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Over&Under
2017 Contributor
Member # 8273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Over&Under   Email Over&Under   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like fun!

So were there any shots????

--------------------
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss" [Smile]

Posts: 6962 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, "Right here."

(inside joke...look on the left side of the above pic)

I'll let Todd explain if he wants.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7500 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T-Bowhunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T-Bowhunter   Email T-Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like a great time for all! thanks for sharing.

--------------------
William

Great Northern Bush Bow 62" 47@28"
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida

Posts: 1808 | From: Ocala, Florida | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticksnstones
Contributor 2018
Member # 24842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticksnstones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is my best shot of the weekend [archer2]
Thom

-

Posts: 1515 | From: Grand Haven, Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rbcorbitt
Contributor 2016
Member # 35446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rbcorbitt   Email rbcorbitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Terry and RC, on the correction! Flora was never one of my strong suits [biglaugh] . I'm more of a carnivore!!

--------------------
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Posts: 1560 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smokin joe
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokin joe   Email smokin joe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a great time with great hunting companions. And the hunting was very good -- as Terry said, "everything but a dead hog."

That just about says it all. We were all into fresh hog sign all weekend. It was a terrific hunt.

When did you guys take that photo of the arrow presentation? I must have still been out hunting hogs.

--------------------
TGMM
Compton
PBS

Posts: 2249 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Bud.....just what you described. ...I'm pretty sure that you were in a Cypress bottom correct?

--------------------

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 31278 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Oh.....and I really enjoyed my hunt with Todd.....he's a hoot [biglaugh]

--------------------

Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe,

I think you had just pulled out in your Jeep for the trip home.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7500 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rbcorbitt
Contributor 2016
Member # 35446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rbcorbitt   Email rbcorbitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2nd that, Joe! Last minute idea. Sorry that you were not in the picture! You are definitely part of the Hog Wild group!!

--------------------
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Posts: 1560 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a great Time with a great group of Folks.

Congrats on a Fine Hunt!!!! Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17398 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kirkll
***unregistered***

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the way hunting goes some times. All of you guys seemed to take the lack of hanging meat pretty well.

I'm curious.... Why didn't you guys try night hunting for those beasts? I've heard some great stories of guys doing that, and only got to try it once myself. It was kinda cool listening to all the movement of the night creatures... Kinda like telling spooky stories around a camp fire and hearing something rustling in the brush just outside the light....You can feel the hair standing up on the back of your neck one by one....

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©