3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Had a "Happy" birthday party at Wild Things. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Had a "Happy" birthday party at Wild Things.
Izzy
Contributor 2016
Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzy   Email Izzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the road headed home but have some stories to tell and some vids to share. [readit]
Posts: 8503 | From: latham, new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Izzy kill some pigs? Can't wait to share this one, bro!

Happy Birthday too!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11731 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stujay
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stujay   Email stujay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire] [coffee] [thumbsup]
Posts: 2381 | From: Northern Idaho | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wapiti792
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wapiti792   Email wapiti792   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire] Coffee is on, brother. Can't wait to hear it!

--------------------
Mike Davenport

Posts: 3132 | From: Southern IL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glenbo
Contributor 2017
Member # 21544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glenbo   Email glenbo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to hearing about your trip. Safe travel
Posts: 1267 | From: newburgh new york | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayrod
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jayrod   Author's Homepage   Email Jayrod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waiting patiently... :campfire:

--------------------
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Associate member/ PBS

Posts: 3154 | From: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait! Happy Birthday bro [clapper]

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17660 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday Izzy. I have been anxiously awaiting your groups stories.

Have a safe trip home.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16924 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Izzy
Contributor 2016
Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzy   Email Izzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Made it home and rested, Ill tell a bit before I have to roll out. My traveling crew was made up of me of course, Cuz, Ken Thornhill (KAT), Steve Helstowski, and Jeff Vadney (Bear Misser) all members of Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers as well as myself and Cuz, members of the infamous Puerto Rican Outdoorsmen.

We pulled into Estill on Thursday 2:00pm after a smooth 16 hour drive and were invigorated by the sun and 60 something temps after our brutal winter, bought our licenses at Wiggins, stretched our legs and ate some down home goodness at Lesters BBQ while waiting to be picked up by Andrew Harper. Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmmm it was good.

We had all been to Hog Heaven previously and all had an idea of how the hunt could turn out but were only familiar with the old camp Hog Heaven. Let me tell you what, the new camp is like a little piece of outdoorsmens heaven in a scenic and welcoming compound. The camp truly reflected Southern Hospitality at its finest. Smell of pine, birds of all kinds, Spanish moss, a beautiful pond sprinkled here and the with lil "gatahs". I was in my glory and could feel civilization and its all of its pressures and dramas leaving me with every exhaled breath.  -

Posts: 8503 | From: latham, new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SKITCH
Contributor 2014
Member # 36382

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SKITCH   Email SKITCH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"smooth 16 hour drive". Really???

Sounds like a good time. Looking forward to the story and the pics of all the successful hunts! [thumbsup]

Happy Birthday!! [archer]

--------------------
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered"
Lincoln

Posts: 1012 | From: Puyallup, WA | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielB89   Email DanielB89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[coffee] [coffee] [coffee]

--------------------
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Hunter's Choice Bowstrings

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Posts: 2959 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Izzy
Contributor 2016
Member # 10828

After a quick unpacking Cuz, Steve and I hit the woods close to camp for a walk and scout just to see what was on the new section of property. Not a whole lot of hog sign close by but I did find something else that I love about the Savannah River bottoms.  -
Mike Gerardi
Contributor 2014
Member # 11242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Gerardi   Email Mike Gerardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup]
Posts: 2305 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tarponnut
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tarponnut   Email tarponnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice!
Posts: 2472 | From: FL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Izzy
Contributor 2016
Member # 10828

Friday was the 1st day for all of us to hit the swamps together and not much action for some but one of us did get into em and I aint telling another fellas story. [goldtooth] It rained a good bit on and off and left us pretty much drenched. We hunted all day and it started to dry by days end. We did some corning of the roads and ditches thanks to lessons learned from Terry Green on a previous hunt and things started to pick up hog wise.
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©