3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Mike Tenley

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Back Quiver Build Along - St Jude...(photos have been restored-) (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Back Quiver Build Along - St Jude...(photos have been restored-)
soap creek
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2016
Member # 20203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soap creek   Email soap creek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the complement Tim, and glad you and the Vixen are getting along so good. Its always nice to know that who ever you traded or sold something to are happy with what they got.
And Bud's a really good teacher.

--------------------
(Rom. 10:13)

Posts: 641 | From: S.E. Iowa | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green
Contributor 2016
Member # 25862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green   Email Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very well done Soap Creek!

--------------------
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Posts: 3365 | From: Kempner, TX | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green
Contributor 2016
Member # 25862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green   Email Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, this thread has gone on long enough without anyone posting up that special feature Bud puts into the quivers he builds for us and more importantly, for St. Jude's.

I truly enjoy the daily use I get with this special piece of equipment, but I'll never forget what was staring at me the day I opened it a year ago.....and what I see when I lay it on my workbench from time to time.

-

For all you do for St. Jude's Bud......God Bless You! Come on y'all.....show off your artist' remarque!

--------------------
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Posts: 3365 | From: Kempner, TX | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wooo hoooo!!

You're on a roll [Smile]

And thanks Rob and all for the kind words.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7402 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckC   Email ChuckC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My arrows are full length carbons. I would need a quiver maybe 25 - 26" deep I think. Does that sound right ? The BQ I currently own is 21.5" deep and the arrows constantly rub on the clouds as I walk. Is the depth the problem here ?
ChuckC

Posts: 7326 | From: Deforest, Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roadkill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadkill   Email Roadkill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have made several that came out well and very functional. But, where were you when I needed you? Well done, Sir. Anyone with any handy skills can follow your directions to a perfect quiver

--------------------
goodness of woodness, Semper Fidelis. Molon labe

Posts: 3049 | From: Nevada | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckC:
My arrows are full length carbons. I would need a quiver maybe 25 - 26" deep I think. Does that sound right ? The BQ I currently own is 21.5" deep and the arrows constantly rub on the clouds as I walk. Is the depth the problem here ?
ChuckC

Go no longer than 23". The strap mount location for the bottom half will help as well. If you want the quiver to set a little lower, place the strap connection a little closer to the mid point on the quiver rather than closer to the base. You can also attach the top part a little closer to the top we well, but don't go too close. Depth really isn't the problem. It is strap location. If your quiver body gets too long your arms will have to get longer as well.

--------------------

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7402 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Vines
Contributor 2015
Member # 7379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Vines   Email Mike Vines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very impressive Bud. You do fine work.

--------------------
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Posts: 5342 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BAPilot2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAPilot2   Email BAPilot2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great project. I'll be making one of these.
Thanks

Posts: 125 | From: DFW, Texas | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Thanks Mike

--------------------

ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckC   Email ChuckC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bud, I am guessing they ARE longer for my longer draw. Currently the arrows stick up well above the top of my head. I will try lowering the unit. Thanks
Posts: 7326 | From: Deforest, Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

TTT

Making another this year for the St. Jude auction.

Bid it up [Wink]

--------------------

Hermon
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 26115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hermon   Email Hermon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bud B. makes a great quiver! I love mine from last years auction. [archer]
Posts: 2695 | From: Spring Hill, Kansas | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MikeF
Member # 2657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeF   Author's Homepage   Email MikeF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im very interested in making one of these Hill Quivers. I read the description and looked at the images, unfortunately now that I go back in preparation for the project the images are not visible. Is there a way to see the images again? Thanks for all the help.
Posts: 12 | From: Oro Valley, AZ | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good question Mike...I'm going to ask Bud if he can rebuild this one...a very good reference!
Posts: 2364 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©