3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Back Quiver Build Along - St Jude...(photos have been restored-) (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Back Quiver Build Along - St Jude...(photos have been restored-)
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent!! [campfire]
Posts: 2361 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MikeF
Member # 2657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeF   Author's Homepage   Email MikeF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Bud for rebuilding this thread. I plan on using it to build my own quiver very soon.
Posts: 12 | From: Oro Valley, AZ | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M60gunner
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 6337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M60gunner   Email M60gunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured out how to save this thread to my IBooks. Just selected PDF from tool bar. Now have this and bow restoration thread forever.

Thanks agian for rebuilding the photos, I know it was not a fun thing to do. I plan on using English Bridle leather for this one. I used Latigo for a few but got tired of "bleed out". I use mine off and on, it's just to hot here for me to wear this time of year. I have also made the quiver like Errol Flyn used in Robin Hood. Not as conforming to the back but looks cool with a doz arrows in it.

Posts: 2203 | From: Sun City, Az. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
M60gunner, could you send me that dowload, please?

Pm for email.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7401 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MikeF
Member # 2657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeF   Author's Homepage   Email MikeF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bud I was just wondering, and I must be missing something, how your tying off the lower strap end. Thanks again for reposting this thread.
Posts: 12 | From: Oro Valley, AZ | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goobersan
Contributor 2018
Member # 35312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goobersan   Email goobersan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy to see this one reposted. Can't tell you how many times I've read thru this post Bud. Leather and supplies waiting for me in the shop [thumbsup]

--------------------
......... loading.........

Posts: 789 | From: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sant-Ravenhill
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sant-Ravenhill   Email Sant-Ravenhill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Bud...so many old threads without their critical pictures. It's wonderful to see this one back in all it's pictorial glory.
Posts: 430 | From: Montana | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MikeF,

At the bottom I insert the lace tips in the lowest holes making a U when you pull it evenly into the quiver body. (You can reverse this to give a slight adjustment for the elbow bump by placing the lace in the top holes first) I then take each lace straight up (or down) to the hole above it and come out of the body. This way the vertical lace is kess likely to catch a sharp BH tip. I then attach the lace to the lower stap end going inside the strap on the flesh side of the leather. Then X them up to the next holes up, then back out again and then secure them under the X. It makes for easy adjustments to lengthen or shorten the strap.

If this makes sense, great. If not, I can try to upload some more pics.

Let me know. [thumbsup]

quote:
Originally posted by Bud B.:
With the 6 holes at the top, attach in this manner. Start at the bottom holes with straight up lacing in the inside of the quiver.

-

-

-

-

Everything together.

-

Glenn wanted 21" deep. I added a thick piece of leather cut just smaller than the bottom pattern and wedged it into the bottom of the quiver to protect the lacing from sharp broadhead points. This put me right on 21" deep.

That's it.

If there are questions, I'll be glad to offer my answers, but there are many techniques out there. This is just one way one leatherworker does it.

I treated Glenn's quiver leather before assembling. The vegetable tanned leather soaked up everything I put on it. It'll need more. The more you put on it, the darker the leather gets.

-

--------------------

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7401 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

-

--------------------

Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome Bud!
gotta love leather...

Posts: 2361 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MikeF
Member # 2657

Thanks Bud! I appreciate the help.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©