3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Centaur ILF limbs review.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Centaur ILF limbs review.
el greco
Contributor 2016
Member # 35232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for el greco   Email el greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I purchased the limbs second hand , 10 days ago or so.. they arrived one day before I leave for Traditional Bowhunter's of Florida Fall Rendezvous, at Ocala.
I left them on the box and I unpacked them there after I finished setting up my tent and getting comfy.. I was planning on shooting my BF extremes but then that meant I would have to wait the whole weekend just staring at them , curious as to how they perform.. Oh, F that, I am a horrible shooter anyway, I might as well slip on the Centaurs, even though I haven't shot a single arrow through them and go compete. String was not a problem with those medium limbs as the one the medium BFs were wearing came just perfect , giving me a brace height of around 7 and a half. Is that good? I don't know. The 40 target course would tell me...

to be continued..
 -
 -

--------------------
From my cold,dead hands..

Posts: 694 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
el greco
Contributor 2016
Member # 35232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for el greco   Email el greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The limbs were marked 52@28 and when I started flinging arrows they felt as such. Right from the start I started scoring in the ten ring. Needless to say the limbs on my Titan 2 were totally quiet and smooth to draw (but then again I only have a 27 inch draw). A few targets later me and my group, stumble upon a masters target, meaning you have the option to take a long shot for an extra 5 points if you hit the 10 ring, or you could just go ahead and shoot from the normal stake. I thing up to that point I had zero misses and only one five. Confident as I was , I go for the masters stake only to see with disappointment my arrow hitting low... at the end of the day I finished the course with 325 points , score that put me in the middle of the pack in the end results.
Personally , I have never shot that good, and I believe I would have done better if I had tuned the bow before and if stabilizers were allowed.
Anyway I am so happy with the limbs that yesterday I called Jim Neaves to order another pair with the same specs..
 -
Disclaimer: sorry for the bad English ,this is not my native language.

Back home, to my garaze, I put the limbs through the chrono..
How would they do ,against the king of the stable, my BF extremes?
First things first though, I wanted to add the brand new Navajo wool string silencers that I ordered . Like almost everybody else I am making my own string silencers but after I saw a YouTube video from Gray-archer, praising them, pointing out how waterproof they are I had to try them. Guys, if you touch them you will not believe it is wool. They are sticky as they carry some kind of natural lanolin.
Anyway, I already had 2-2 silencers , now adding an extra pair my string ended up with 6 total! That showed on the results..
51#@27 inches, 407 grain arrow, 8gpp.
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Posts: 694 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
el greco
Contributor 2016
Member # 35232

I got 187 fps..
Something needed to be done. First I trimmed my homemade silencers.So from 187 fps I jumped to an average of.
 -
I then decided to be done with one pair of the homemade silencers
 -
That lead to this
 -

--------------------

el greco
Contributor 2016
Member # 35232

The string you see in the first pic, is the back up I made for heavy rain. It gives me an average of 193. At the end of the day the limbs are 6 fps slower than the BF extremes, but that is a compliment as the BFs are the fastest conventional recurve limbs I have played. On the plus side, I found the quieter, and at the same weight, a bit more "user friendly".

--------------------

nineworlds9
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineworlds9   Email nineworlds9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the write up! Looks like Jim Neaves at Centaur has some winners in his ILF limbs! I have had 3 of the 1pc bows and hope to try a pair of these limbs someday.

--------------------
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
62" Wes Wallace Mentor
62" W&W Black Wolf+Kaya K2's
70" HHA Black Mamba #46

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Posts: 7070 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©