3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Cade M. Cabrera

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Toelke Super D Questions (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Toelke Super D Questions
Big Ed
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is shooting them and what are your thoughts? I have a 66" coming next week but won't be shooting it for a while until my elbow heals. Feel free to post some pictures to.
Thanks,
Big ED

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 7019 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biathlonman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biathlonman   Email Biathlonman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best D bow Ive shot and Ive tried quite a few.
Posts: 3953 | From: Lexington, Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAVIOUR68
Contributor 2015
Member # 35651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAVIOUR68   Email SAVIOUR68   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smooth as silk draw and quiet as a mouses fart [biglaugh]
Posts: 461 | From: UNITED STATES OF TEXAS | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SAVIOUR68:
Smooth as silk draw and quiet as a mouses fart [biglaugh]

But with out the stink.........I had one for about a year, great bow, fit and finish was excellent. The bow had great cast and in hindsight I should have never sold it. Mine was 43# @ 28" if I remember.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15953 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxAg
Contributor 2015
Member # 17471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxAg   Email TxAg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprisingly quick and the quietest bow ever...i mean ever [Smile]
Posts: 3642 | From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mud_Slide_Slim
Contributor 2017
Member # 37307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mud_Slide_Slim   Email Mud_Slide_Slim   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love mine...very stable and quick. A real pleasure to shoot. Please post pics when you get yours.

--------------------
Luke 10:18-20
>>>---------->

Posts: 347 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GreyGoose
2017 Contributor
Member # 33491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyGoose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved the one I had - sold it only because I was ready to move up in weight.

--------------------
Jim

Posts: 790 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotDylan
Contributor 2015
Member # 41870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotDylan   Email NotDylan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never shot a D bow but I have a Whip. I've been thinking about getting one of Dan's Super D's. How are they different from a Whip?
Posts: 22 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nineworlds9
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineworlds9   Email nineworlds9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As quiet as any Hill, but a bit quicker. Excellent cast for a mild r/d longbow. Very slender and handy for a 66"er. Very fun and easy to shoot. Dan does not build a model bow that is not great.

--------------------
54" Java Man Helms Deep
54" Shrew CH Carbon
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
62" Cleland Stickbow

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Posts: 7157 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nineworlds9
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineworlds9   Email nineworlds9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS/ how the Whip differs:

Whip is a quicker bow and it is most easily noticed shooting the same arrow out of both bows.

Super D is quieter and has a bit more of a pulse felt in the hand when shot.

Whip riser has more mass and larger dimension. I have some pics somewhere comparing the two side by side.

--------------------
54" Java Man Helms Deep
54" Shrew CH Carbon
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
62" Cleland Stickbow

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Posts: 7157 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbow fanatic 1
2017 Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longbow fanatic 1   Email longbow fanatic 1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had one and loved it. They shoot great! My left and right arrows were virtually eliminated with it. I shot that bow for a couple years and really liked the shooting characteristics. It was my go to bow. I got antsy for something new and sold it. To this day, I miss that bow. I will likely own another some day.
Posts: 2608 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tzolk
Contributor 2015
Member # 35255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tzolk   Email tzolk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one and love it. Here are some pictures- follow link. http://www.traditionalarcherysociety.com/post/montana-bows-asl-7224512
It is a superb shooting, easy handling bow. So light in the hand too!

Drove to Dan's shop today and had an awesome visit! My buddy picked up a new Chinook. Man that is a nice recurve! Never read a bad word about one and I now know why.

--------------------
All the Best!
Todd Z

Posts: 833 | From: Sandpoint Idaho | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Wright
Contributor 2016
Member # 11782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Wright   Email Jim Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will find the bow extremely well-mannered and very quick for a "D Bow". The "hand-shock" will be virtually non-existant, much more like feeling your pulse than any thump and I have shot wood arrows from 9 to 1 to over 12 to 1 through mine. It will be beautifully crafted of beautiful woods and even quieter than it is fast. There is nothing not to like.
Posts: 1293 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stalkin4elk
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stalkin4elk   Email stalkin4elk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one and it is a great bow and is for sale only because the grip is too small to me.
Posts: 505 | From: montana | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are the specs on yours that you are selling?

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 7019 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©