3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Shan G. Mandrayar

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Whippenstick, A@h, Leon Stewart-We'll See pg.2 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Whippenstick, A@h, Leon Stewart-We'll See pg.2
GANDGOLF
Contributor 2015
Member # 18655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GANDGOLF   Author's Homepage   Email GANDGOLF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the Texas Longbow , you Must shoot a 1pc. Long bow. Wooden arrows, 50 targets. Your score is flighted and you shoot again, on Sun. With people who are close to your score. 2 score keepers , 2 pullers. This tournament is the reason I'm looking for a different 1pc. The A@H is too twitchy for 4-5 sec hold. Will be put up for sale after something else is acquired. So.. I'm leaving for Vanderpool Texas in just a few min. To see what manner of bows for sale down there. And to shoot of course. Some good bowyers will be there, Foley, Palmer, Sarrels etc. Plus a lot of used bow sellers. Try some different bows, leave my options open. [archer]

--------------------
3 pc. Morrison Shawnee 60" 51#
3 pc. Shafer Silvertip 62" 48#
1 pc. Sandy Biles Super Xt 47#
3 pc. A&H ACS 62" 48#
3 pc. Das Dalaa 60" 48#

For GOD so Loved the world. He GAVE His Only Son...John 3:16.

Posts: 861 | From: DENTON TEXAS | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By your signature, it appears you are kinda partial to 3pc bows, like me. I gave up shooting the open class at the longbow shoot (mostly because I hate those darn wood arrows) and just shoot selfbow or composite now (I have bamboo arrows for those bows. Bamboo is grass and not wood [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] ).

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11894 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njloco
Contributor 2013
Member # 24437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njloco   Email njloco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think either will be able to stand next to your Morrison Shawnee, if it has the foam carbon limbs, but either bow will make you happy.

--------------------
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Posts: 2787 | From: Soviet state of N.J. | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sixby
SPONSOR
Member # 14586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sixby   Email Sixby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out the Sasquatchs when you are there. Bro. Kirk is headed that way. Oh and be kind to him. The Texas turkeys aren't and He's needin some soothing. LOL. I guess he had a blast hunting them but they wouldn't go along with his game plan last time. LOL

God bless ya all, Steve

--------------------
http://www.eaglewingarchery.itgo.com

Posts: 3321 | From: Medford, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GANDGOLF
Contributor 2015
Member # 18655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GANDGOLF   Author's Homepage   Email GANDGOLF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bisch, Thot you were gone! Najalco , my Morrison has Bamboo cores. Will throw an arrow as fast as my Dalaa ! Will Sasquatch have bows with him? I'll certainly look him up !!

--------------------
3 pc. A&H ACS 62" 48#
3 pc. Das Dalaa 60" 48#

Posts: 861 | From: DENTON TEXAS | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbow fanatic 1
2017 Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longbow fanatic 1   Email longbow fanatic 1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nineworlds9:
You honestly would be thrilled with that 68" 45@28 Slammer in the classifieds. Its listed dirt cheap too.

X2 [thumbsup]
Posts: 2608 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowtough
Contributor 2015
Member # 14446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowtough   Email bowtough   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leon Stewart longbows rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have not shot his recurves yet, but I am betting they are incredible as well.
Recently got my hands on an r/d longbow of his and it is a dream to shoot! 65" long and 61# at my draw length. Can you say fast. [scared] This bow is built like a tank, and I am sure someone will be shooting it long after I am gone! [thumbsup]

Posts: 742 | From: Il | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
md126
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for md126   Email md126   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really, really hard to beat a Whippenstick.
Posts: 1273 | From: new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GANDGOLF
Contributor 2015
Member # 18655

Well, looked at All that were there. Nobody had a 64"46-50# I pc. Longbow. Didn't see bro Kirkll . Will look tomorrow. Still looking.

--------------------
3 pc. A&H ACS 62" 48#
3 pc. Das Dalaa 60" 48#

SAVIOUR68
Contributor 2015
Member # 35651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAVIOUR68   Email SAVIOUR68   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gandgolf if you were a Lefty you could shoot my Whippenstick long bow I got from Ken about 2 weeks ago 65" 51@29.
I have owned/shoot A@H as well as Kens longbow and there were near the same speed through my chrono but the Whippenstick is all wood/glass and quiet as a mouse. And the best thing is Kens bows were half the price with the best finish and attention to deal I have ever seen.
I love my new Whippenstick.

Posts: 461 | From: UNITED STATES OF TEXAS | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nineworlds9
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineworlds9   Email nineworlds9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Savior wants the next hot item I have first dibs on his WS longbow [Razz] LOL!! I honestly don't think that time will come though, Ken's work is incredible to say the least. We're talkin in same league as Centaur finish and shootability wise.

--------------------
54" Java Man Helms Deep
54" Shrew CH Carbon
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
62" Cleland Stickbow

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Posts: 7159 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GANDGOLF
Contributor 2015
Member # 18655

Well, got back from Vanderpool late last night . No one had a 64-66" 1 pc. Didn't see Kirkll. The threat of rain kept a lot of vendors and contestants away. The turnout was good. Just not up to the usual standards. So the chance to tryout one was null and void. I know I'd like one juuust a little heavier than 45#. So .. the search continues. It was Hilarious, watching those supposedly perfectly tuned arrows, corkscrewing and tail wagging thru the air when their fletching was drenched. My carbons flew perfectly, even when they went sailing off into the Rain/mist. My woodies on the other hand.. I knew they were underspined just didn't realize how bad. A little lighter bow would help correct that. Course so would higher spined arrows. [laughing]

--------------------
3 pc. A&H ACS 62" 48#
3 pc. Das Dalaa 60" 48#

danshao
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danshao   Email danshao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't shot the other bows mentioned in the title but the ridiculously fast whippenstick longbow made me sell my ILF recurve limbs of the same weight and never looked back [Smile]
Posts: 101 | From: CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GANDGOLF
Contributor 2015
Member # 18655

Called Ken- He told me his dilemma. I said , "I was told to call you , because you were loaning out a bow." He said "yes he was, it was his personal 1pc." I said " well what are the spec's on that one?" He told me . And I said " That's fine if you want to sell, I'll Take it !" So we'll see..(I think I shocked him). He's gonna think on it. Sent good pic's. Told me all it's flaws,nicks scratches..etc. Heres the Great part ! A lot of bowyers would say it's the "greatest thing since Sliced bread" Says a lot about the man if he has to think about selling a used/demo bow. So.. we'll see. After reading his webpage, didn't think I'd hear back from him, I really was shocked when he called. Another redeeming quality, in a Bowyer. [shaka] Don't get me wrong, most guys want to ship Nothing but their best work. But if someone understands that it's used. To me , it's not a reflection , on his craft, or workmanship. It's an achievement. If someone still wants his product in less than stellar condition.

Dano

--------------------
3 pc. A&H ACS 62" 48#
3 pc. Das Dalaa 60" 48#

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©