3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Transporting your Deer (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Transporting your Deer
BUCKY
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUCKY   Email BUCKY   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently traded the pickup for a SUV. I haven't had a SUV for 22yrs. I was looking for the best way to put it in the car without leaking. I didn't want the hitch rack. Well I found the best thing,bagabuck.com This thing is awesome! Its a leakproof bag for deer. Its tarp material but its a bag made like a envelope.I used it a few weeks ago for my doe and its great. Give it a look.
Posts: 1298 | From: NEW JERSEY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BUCKY
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUCKY   Email BUCKY   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry its bagabuckgamebag.com
Posts: 1298 | From: NEW JERSEY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielB89   Email DanielB89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looks like a pretty cool system. I would be curious to know if it makes draggin a deer any easier.

--------------------
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Hunter's Choice Bowstrings

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Posts: 2962 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hawkeye
Contributor 2017
Member # 662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawkeye   Email Hawkeye   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on a bear hunt once where they actually had a body bag (like a Coroner would use)to drag and haul game that was killed.

Don't know how they procured it, but it was amazing, thick, fluid-proof vinyl with a zipper and handles. You could drag it anywhere, 2-4 guys could pick it up and carry it, and the interior of the vehicle would be fully protected.

--------------------
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Posts: 1836 | From: Central Illinois | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BAK
Contributor 2017
Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAK   Email BAK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having used them before, I'd vote for the body bag.

--------------------
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Posts: 1064 | From: NE Iowa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim
2017 Contributor
Member # 258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim   Author's Homepage   Email Tim   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a sled that you buy at Dick's sporting goods. I drive a Jeep Wrangler and it fit's perfect in the back when the seats are down. I keep my tree stands in it and prevents them from sliding around. My Tupperware container fits right next to it with my hunting clothes. If I shoot a deer all the blood stays in and can be easily hosed out. I even used it when I had a truck. On long drags I go back and get it. I also use it to haul in my tree stand stuff.

This was a pretty darn good sized deer and he still fit just fine. The quality is awesome and it will last you many years. I abuse mine pretty darn good and still no cracks.

-

Posts: 2859 | From: Southeastern PA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie B.
Contributor 2015
Member # 26120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernie B.   Email Bernie B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use the same system as Tim with the Jet Sled. If I'm hunting and driving my Ford Expedition I use a Hitch Haul in the hitch receiver. If I'm driving my van (most of the time) I do like Tim, put the seats down and the Jet Sled fits in perfectly. I also use it for hauling treestands and whatever else I need. Neat system! [thumbsup]

Bernie

Posts: 2391 | From: Iowa | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Arnette
Contributor 2017
Member # 18012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Arnette   Email Michael Arnette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim that is brilliant! I've used a disposable tarp I get in the paint department of any home improvement store. I double it up and then throw away the top one
Posts: 2532 | From: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brock
Contributor 2017
Member # 7061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brock   Email Brock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a cargo bin mat in back of my SUV....I lower tailgate...slide cargo mat to edge...load deer...slide it back into cargo area. I used to just leave in place but after a few bloody tongues and such on carpet on tailgate I learned to slide it in and out with deer when loading or unloading. Sometimes I will put a garbage bag over head if lots of blood and mess since it tends to flop around when loading by yourself. Biggest problem is not the transport for me...but actually getting the bigger ones into the back since you lose some leverage not being able to stand and lift. That is a whole new thread though on how I load big deer...hahaha
That JetSled idea looks good though...

I am not fan of the HitchHaul unless the deer is fully covered. Not only to keep road debris and exhaust fumes off but to also cover from others on the roads and highways......

--------------------
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Posts: 1766 | From: Charleston, South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DennyK
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennyK   Email DennyK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am not fan of the HitchHaul unless the deer is fully covered. Not only to keep road debris and exhaust fumes off but to also cover from others on the roads and highways...... [/QB]
Good Point Brock

Denny

--------------------
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Posts: 1403 | From: Hudsonville,Mi | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryman Cat
Contributor 2017
Member # 8164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryman Cat   Email Ryman Cat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tarp down and sled used not better way. Dicks has the sleds. Same sled used for ice fishing for your gear.
Posts: 872 | From: warminster Pa.18974 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BUCKY
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3936

Tim that's a great system. My wife likes the bag system cause it does not smell up the car. The smell with the open sled would be to much for her,LOL
BUCKY
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3936

Tim is that the 43" or 54"?
reddogge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reddogge   Author's Homepage   Email reddogge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just used a small plastic tarp. Worked for years. Open it up, lay the deer in and fold it back up. I do like that sled idea though.

--------------------
PBS Reg member 1973
Maryland Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA

Posts: 4993 | From: Finksburg, MD | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shed hunter
Contributor 2016
Member # 29268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shed hunter   Author's Homepage   Email shed hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We hang ours at the farm, skin, debone, and put it in a cooler then load up the cooler and your on your way.

--------------------
BigJim thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"

Posts: 3010 | From: OWENSBORO, KY | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©