3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » some big boars getting killed at Wild Things! (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: some big boars getting killed at Wild Things!
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you scale it, Thom? My guess would be 300lbs at least.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7500 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticksnstones
Contributor 2018
Member # 24842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticksnstones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The next couple hours are pretty funny. Five of us load it into my truck and I snap a picture for my "what is dead in Thom's truck" photo album. Remember this truck is only two months old and it's already hauled 4 hogs and a deer to the skinning shed!
 -

We get the pigs back to the skinning shed and make a plan for the morning. We put these buggers on ice. I got a picture in the cooler but it breaks my "never get behind an animal for a picture" rule. I will say these hogs and the hanging hams from earlier in the week LOOKS GOOD!
Thom

Posts: 1515 | From: Grand Haven, Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticksnstones
Contributor 2018
Member # 24842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticksnstones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's getting pretty late, I guess the end of the story will have to come tomorrow. Here is the last picture from that night:
 -

Bud, the winch wouldn't lift it. I had to wait a day to find out myself. I'm gonna ask you to do the same [biglaugh]
Thom

Posts: 1515 | From: Grand Haven, Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flingblade
2017 Contributor
Member # 21996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flingblade   Email Flingblade   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really need to start getting to bed earlier but I had to stay up tonight and follow along with this story. Great tale Thom and great boar! I always enjoyed eating Oklahoma calf fries when I lived there. Looks like you've got some South Carolina grape fruit for the frying pan there! Great week at Wild Things!
Posts: 739 | From: Grand Haven, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Izzy
Contributor 2016
Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzy   Email Izzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wooooooo eeeee! Thats some nice hogs getting hung in the shed. Congrats fellas.
Posts: 8503 | From: latham, new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow congrats fellas!!! [Not Worthy] [clapper]

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17701 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ESP
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ESP   Email ESP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sure is a big one.
Posts: 319 | From: ohio | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onions
Contributor 2016
Member # 11946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onions   Email Onions   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff Thom!! Look forward to hearing more about this at Friday night archery! See you there!

chris <><

Posts: 1081 | From: michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2018
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats guys, looks like an awesome camp. Those food pics had me slobbering! [thumbsup]

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4822 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure is a Big one Thom. Congrats to you and the rest of the successful hunters.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17398 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many congrats guys I'm tickled pink for you.....

way to go that's a hunch you'll never forget !!!

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 31278 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pierre Lucas
SPONSOR
Member # 7908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pierre Lucas   Email Pierre Lucas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...outstanding.

God bless,

--------------------
>>>--TGMM Family of the Bow---->

"if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much space..." God Knows!
>>>-----> SBD...Bow Strings..."not just another bow string" www.sbdbowstrings.com

Posts: 1171 | From: Dunlevy, Pa. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stickbow
Contributor 2017
Member # 751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stickbow   Email Stickbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH MAN...I got the itch
Posts: 696 | From: N. Idaho | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdk25
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdk25   Email pdk25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great boar! Congrats!
Posts: 5644 | From: Ada, Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Butler
Contributor 2018
Member # 7393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Butler   Email Rick Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats again Thom! What an incredible hog. If anyone deserved to take a trophy like that it was you.

--------------------
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 2318 | From: Swartz Creek & DeTour Village MI. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©