3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Best stool / chair for the ground (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Best stool / chair for the ground
longbow fanatic 1
2017 Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longbow fanatic 1   Email longbow fanatic 1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a bad lower back, so finding a great chair was very important to me. The Millennium G100 is awesome, but pricy. I bought one last year for antelope blind hunting. I spent up to nine hours in one sit and was not uncomfortable.
Posts: 2608 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kill shot
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kill shot   Author's Homepage   Email kill shot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used the 5 gallon bucket a lot. Never liked to carry my bow in one hand and the bucket in the other. Im very embarresed that I never thought of the sling idea. Im going back to the bucket. Only this time Im going to use a taller bucket with a modified lid for more butt area.
Posts: 1051 | From: kent city,mi | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxbo
Contributor 2017
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxbo   Author's Homepage   Email foxbo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you ever tried the G100, you'd use that bucket for trash. :)

--------------------
N/A

Posts: 1322 | From: Spotsylvania, VA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kill shot
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kill shot   Author's Homepage   Email kill shot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whats a G100
Posts: 1051 | From: kent city,mi | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaunaro
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaunaro   Email beaunaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with longbow fanatic 1.

We hunted together for antelope and he could sit a lot longer than anyone I know.

I need to buy one.(Millenium G 100)

Pricey, but lightweight and a really great seat.

--------------------
Irv Eichorst

Posts: 811 | From: Monticello, WI. | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kill shot
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16036

O-K. I just googled the g100 hunting chair and no. That thing just screams yuppie, city slicker compound bow. And at $185.00, no not even. Also in the swamp, it looks like it would sink in the mud about a foot.
foxbo
Contributor 2017
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxbo   Author's Homepage   Email foxbo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They also make one which straps to a tree and has the same comfort level for much less. Lots of guys use it for duck hunting, so that one would not sink in the swamp.

If you ever sat in one, you'd know why the guys who have them really like them.

You can use the chair while hunting with a compound, or gun. Yuppies would like it too. Anyone with a butt in the right place would fine the chair comfortable.

--------------------
N/A

Posts: 1322 | From: Spotsylvania, VA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tajue17
Contributor 2017
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tajue17   Email Tajue17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kill shot:
O-K. I just googled the g100 hunting chair and no. That thing just screams yuppie, city slicker compound bow. And at $185.00, no not even. Also in the swamp, it looks like it would sink in the mud about a foot.

[biglaugh]

--------------------
"Us vs Them"

Posts: 3118 | From: Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaunaro
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaunaro   Email beaunaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's a yuppie chair...well...then I will just cover it in a black plastic bag and sneak it thru the woods.

[laughing]

--------------------
Irv Eichorst

Posts: 811 | From: Monticello, WI. | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhuntrmaniac
Member # 44043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhuntrmaniac   Email bowhuntrmaniac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huntmor chair, I have even drifted off to sleep a couple of times in mine. However, I have heard that they are no longer available.

--------------------
Greg Hanzlick

Posts: 24 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hawkeye
Contributor 2017
Member # 662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawkeye   Email Hawkeye   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bowhuntrmaniac:
Huntmor chair, I have even drifted off to sleep a couple of times in mine. However, I have heard that they are no longer available.

Does anyone know if that is correct?

I have sure gotten a lot of good out of mine. Would hate to think I couldn't replace it sometime down the road... [Confused]

--------------------
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Posts: 1836 | From: Central Illinois | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nole
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nole   Email Nole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Huntmore chair that I have used for a number of years and purchased a Millennium G100 from Big Jim when I was coming through Albany on Tuesday and it is a super comfortable chair & so much more easier to set up than the Huntmore. I cannot wait to use it this spring for turkey hunting.
Posts: 161 | From: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dhaverstick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dhaverstick   Author's Homepage   Email dhaverstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hawkeye, Scott Hoffman told me a couple of years ago that he was trying to sell his Huntmore company. If you go to the website it says the company is for sale and the chairs are sold out.

You might try contacting him. His email address is info@huntmore.biz

Darren

Posts: 645 | From: Fair Grove, MO | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hawkeye
Contributor 2017
Member # 662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawkeye   Email Hawkeye   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Darren. I just hadn't heard anything about that.

--------------------
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Posts: 1836 | From: Central Illinois | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxbo
Contributor 2017
Member # 542

Nole said it all!

--------------------
N/A

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©