Striker Bows
3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Antonio Martinez

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE 2016 ST. JUDE AUCTION BIDDING FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Hog Shot Placement & Shield Clip - NEW PICS ON 1ST PAGE 9/13/2011 (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Hog Shot Placement & Shield Clip - NEW PICS ON 1ST PAGE 9/13/2011
Bonebuster
Contributor 2011
Member # 11593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonebuster   Author's Homepage   Email Bonebuster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the type of information that can make the difference between success or failure.

Great thread.

Posts: 3494 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of the best anatomy pix I've ever seen...

-

-

You can really see how low the spine runs thru the shoulder area. Also how low, forward, and small the lungs are.

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17594 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill langer
SPONSOR
Member # 16959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill langer   Email bill langer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW Curt, killed my share of hogs, never looked at them like this though! Thanks for the detailed pix!!! Learn something everyday.-Bill

--------------------
http://billlanger.com/

Posts: 1015 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlacktailBowhunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 15933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlacktailBowhunter   Email BlacktailBowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing this info. I am hunting with 7th Age the first weekend in May and this has been some great info.

Paul

--------------------
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Posts: 858 | From: Oregon | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhunterfrompast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhunterfrompast   Author's Homepage   Email bowhunterfrompast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TTT

--------------------
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Posts: 2667 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jer11bravo
Member # 20141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jer11bravo   Email jer11bravo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the economy pics up I plan on doing a hog hunt thank you for the great info.
Posts: 17 | From: sterling Illinois | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michaelschwister
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michaelschwister   Email michaelschwister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep, that is the spot to shoot them

--------------------
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 565 | From: Elkton Virginia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
parick
Cadet Member
Member # 18066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for parick   Author's Homepage   Email parick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice i cant wait to go hog hunting this summer

--------------------
"Go afield with a good attitude, respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in wihch you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."

Posts: 26 | From: Coventry CT | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Wald
Contributor 2010
Member # 15100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Wald   Email Jerry Wald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awesome info - now I just need to get somewhere where they have'em.

jer Bear

Posts: 1608 | From: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Not Worthy]

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4073 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swamp donkey
Member # 16820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swamp donkey   Email swamp donkey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting the vitals.

--------------------
Gary

Posts: 64 | From: Marengo,Ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
s_mcflurry
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for s_mcflurry   Email s_mcflurry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guru, is that black mass in the first picture the lungs or just blood?

--------------------
"Master your instrument, master the music, and then forget all that and just play."
-Charlie Parker

Posts: 197 | From: Southern California | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the traumatized front of the near lung....

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17594 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirtybird
Contributor 2016
Member # 21130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirtybird   Email Dirtybird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope to make good on some hogs at Rays place in a couple of weeks. This thread has been very helpful and I try to study up on something that I haven't hunted before. Thanks Terry and Curt for being so informative. [thumbsup] [readit]
Posts: 2450 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aussiebowhunter
Member # 8615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aussiebowhunter   Author's Homepage   Email aussiebowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here s a pic of a boar skelton I found a few years back.

-

and he s a pic of thickness of their fighting pad.

-

good hunting
pat

Posts: 46 | From: cape york/charters towers australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©